We’re happy to announce that Vancouver will be hosting its 4th edition of the Startup Weekend worldwide events that continue to empower startup entrepreneurs everywhere. This year’s event will be held on May 31 to June 2, 2013 at the downtown Vancouver BCIT Campus.
Ever wondered what it takes to be an entrepreneur? The professional and personal challenges, the highs and lows, the failures and the success? Startup Weekend is a global grassroots movement of active and empowered entrepreneurs who are learning the basics of founding startups and launching successful ventures.
Startup Weekend provides an unprecedented level of networking, team building, learning and life changes for its attendees and their communities. Sometimes a company emerges, sometimes one doesn’t, but every time people leave with more experience, insight, knowledge, friends, and resources than they came with.
During 2012, Startup Weekend held 125+ events in 170+ cities around the world. With the help of local supporters, 500+ Startup events are planned for 2013 across the globe.
“Startup Weekend really took us a long way. It helped us find new team members, made us aware of available programs and opened doors for us. We now feel part of the Startup Weekend community and continue to participate as volunteers, mentors and judges. It has been an amazing experience.” – Alexandra Greenhill & Rob Attwell, Co-Founders, MyBestHelper.com [ 1st Place Winners @ Vancouver Startup weekend, November 2011 ]
Why should you get involved?
- Meet other startup enthusiasts such as developers, business managers, marketing gurus, and graphic artists
- Build a startup in less than 54 hours
- six to seven meals and drinks provided
What happens after?
- Opportunity to present in front of local startup investors
- Winner of Startup Vancouver has opportunity to present in front of international investors at the [email protected] Party
Startup Weekend Vancouver, Disruptive Technology, Events this coming season:
- May 24 to 26: PolyglotConf – workshops, talks, and hackathons for software developers to explore new technologies.
- May 27: Hackernest Tech Social – a grassroots, nonpartisan, nonprofit gathering uniting local tech-communities.
- May 28: Startup Methodologies Bootcamp – a crash course in lean startup methodologies, based on Steve Blank’s work.
- May 30: Startup Drinks Vancouver – a casual gathering of people interested in startups. Come and schmooze.
- May 31 to June 2: Startup Weekend, Disruptive Tech – build a startup in 54 hours using new technologies and lean methodologies, with the guidance of accomplished entrepreneurial and technical coaches.
- June 13 to July 11: SW-Next Program – a five week mentored program to guide participants through the first steps of building their startup.
Sound like fun? Make sure you have a seat and register now!
For further event details you can visit: www.vancouver.startupweekend.org
Follow on Twitter: www.hootsuite.com/feed/vanstartup
Check them out on YouTube