Enter for your chance to win tickets to Eco Fashion Week (CONTEST)
The Visual College of Art & Design (VCAD) will be participating in the 10th Edition of Eco Fashion Week from April 9 to 14.
On April 11 students will compete in the VCAD 81 lbs Challenge presented by Value Village. To prepare students for the challenge, Value Village has generously donated 81 pounds of clothes, handpicked by students over several trips. These items were then transformed into contemporary pieces that can be worn by consumers.
The target of 81 pounds is derived from the average amount of clothing an individual throws out each year and aims to show one of the many ways that waste can be reduced via sustainable industry practices.
The competition will kick off VCAD’s sustainability course as part of the school’s fashion programs. This is the first diploma program in North America that features sustainable fashion as part of the curriculum.
Enter for your chance to win one of the following prizes:
- Two pairs of full-week passes to Eco Fashion Week, one pair per winner
- One pair of full-day VIP passes for the April 11 VCAD 81 lbs Challenge presented by Value Village
To enter to win one of these prizes, do at least one of the following using the hashtags #VCAD81lbs, #efw and #ReuseRethink:
1. Follow VCAD on Instagram and comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
2. Follow VCAD on Facebook and comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
3. Follow VCAD Fashion on Twitter and comment telling us once you have. (1 entry)
For additional chances to win, visit fashion.vcad.ca
Contest entries will be accepted from time and date of publishing until 11:59 p.m.PST on Tuesday, April 5. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they used to enter.