For its 13th year, the EAT! Vancouver Food + Cooking Festival is going bigger and better, with a full week of stellar culinary events around the city.
From April 26 to May 3, 2015, EAT! Vancouver will showcase a multitude of local, national, and international culinary culture through workshops, meals, and events, all culminating in a three-day tasting show at BC Place Stadium.
Hungry for more? We’ve got you covered. This year, Vancity Buzz is proud to be the exclusive online media sponsor of EAT! Vancouver, which means we’ll be publishing one-of-a-kind and all-access coverage previewing many of the chefs, restaurants, and events taking part in this year’s exciting festival.
Vancouver and the EAT! Festival will host 15 top chefs from across Canada who will be taking part in a staggering 35 special food-focused events that will find attendees sipping, learning, engaging, and, of course, eating.
Highlights of the special events include:
- A dozen amazing dining events that bring guest chefs together with Vancouver’s most popular restaurants;
- An incredible 17 exclusive hands-on workshops taking place at restaurants and even private homes around the city;
- The Canadian Flavours Gala, which finds top Canadian chefs pairing unique local dishes with the first spring release wines from the Naramata Bench Wineries Association;
- The Hospitality Symposium bringing together leading culinary influencers to discuss the issues facing sustainability and ethical meats.
EAT! Vancouver brings it all to BC Place from May 1 to 3 for the dazzling grand tasting event, where guests can engage with over 250 exhibitors focused on all things food, along with opportunities to interact with and learn from celebrated Canadian chefs including local legends Ned Bell, Rob Feenie, Vikram Vij, and visiting stars like Susur Lee, Mark McEwan, and Anna Olson.
Back once again to EAT! Vancouver at BC Place will be the Celebrity Chef Stage, hands-on culinary classes, cheese tastings, global “bites” prepared by Vancouver restaurants, and The World Culinary Travel Expo. Beer, wine, and cocktail enthusiast will the love the programming offered at the drink-centric “Sips” stage, too.
Check out some of the incredible new events that are part of the three-day tasting:
- Intimate VIP Chef Experiences, where a small number of participants will have the chance to interact with their favourite celebrity chefs;
- The “Talk & Taste” stage, where Vancouver’s top chefs, cookbook authors and culinary experts will host demonstrations, tastings and beverage pairings;
- The Canadian Food Artisan Pavilion sponsored by Edible Canada, which spotlights the country’s leading culinary artisans and their products;
- The Craft Beer Alley sponsored by the BC Craft Brewers Guild, which features the best local craft beers, recognized globally for excellence;
- An On-site Legacy Liquor Store, where visitors can purchase their favourite beer, wine and spirits sampled at EAT! Vancouver at BC Place to enjoy at home.
Tickets for all EAT! Vancouver Food + Cooking Festival events go on sale March 5. Full programming details and complete list of participating chefs will be revealed in February.
For more information on the EAT! Vancouver Food + Cooking Festival or to stay up-to-date on the latest developments, go to the EAT! Vancouver website, become a fan on Facebook or follow @eat_vancouver on Twitter, @eatvancouver on Instagram and EATVancouverFestival on Youtube.
Vancity Buzz is proud to be the exclusive online media sponsor of EAT! Vancouver
Featured image: Ingredients/Shutterstock