For its 13th year, the EAT! Vancouver Food + Cooking Festival is going bigger and better, and is coming to the city with a full week of stellar culinary events from April 26 to May 3.
Canada’s top women chefs join forces for one night to highlight the fact that Canadian female chefs not only belong in the kitchen, they own the kitchen.
Chef Connie DeSousa is the co-owner of Calgary’s well-known and critically acclaimed Charcut Roast House. Along with her partner, John Jackson, are opening their new venture, Charbar, this spring, which will be headed by executive chef and rising culinary star Jessica Pelland.
Both DeSousa and Pelland join Andrea Carlson at her restaurant, Burdock & Co., which opened in 2012 on Vancouver’s Main Street (2702 Main Street). Carlson earned her knives in the kitchens of well-known B.C. restaurants, including C Restaurant, Sooke Harbour House and Raincity Grill, and she was the executive chef at Vancouver’s legendary Bishop’s Restaurant for six years.
Carlson’s menu is hyper-local and organic, showcasing the best of B.C., and this dinner with DeSousa, Pelland and Carlson celebrates Canada’s female chef powerhouses.
*Limited to 34 guests per seating (family style)
*Two seats: 5:30 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- 2 tickets to the collaborative dinner at Burdock & Co.‘s 9 p.m. seating on Tuesday, April 28
- 2 tickets to EAT! Vancouver at BC Place
Prize valued at $305.
To enter to win this prize pack, do at least one of the following:
1. Tweet the following on Twitter: (1 entry)
- Win 2 tix to @BurdockAndCo & @Charcut’s dinner + 2 tix to @Eat_Vancouver ($305 value) via @VancityBuzz http://ow.ly/M2CiN RT to enter!
2. Leave a comment below telling us which chef you’re most excited to meet. (1 entry)
3. Follow the new Vancity Buzz Food Twitter account – @VCBFood. Leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
Contest entries will be accepted from time and date of publishing until 12:59 p.m. PST on April 27, 2015. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they enter by.
Winner: Michelle C.
Vancity Buzz is proud to be the exclusive online media sponsor of EAT! Vancouver