What to drink and eat while watching the historic Wimbledon final
Set your alarm for an early Sunday morning, and get ready to pair day drinking and sweet treats with your viewing of an historic Wimbledon final.
For the first time ever, a male tennis player is representing Canada in a singles final of a major tournament; 25-year-old Ontario native Milos Raonic will face #2 seed Andy Murray in the match.
Canadians looking to catch the action on the telly can also enjoy the action on the court as the British do, with strawberries and cream and a classic bevvy, such as champagne or Pimm’s–all without getting out of their PJs.
To help you get ready for your Wimbledon Final festivities, we’ve got a recipe (courtesy of The Lazy Gourmet) on making strawberries and cream–the quintessential Wimbledon treat, which you can pair with your favourite bottle of champers, or a recipe for a Pimm’s Dragon cocktail (a twist on the British summertime classic) courtesy of Minami.
Strawberries and Coconut Cream
- 1 pint of BC strawberries (washed and sliced)
- 1 can of coconut milk, refrigerated overnight or for at least three hours
- Place sliced strawberries in small bowl or mason jar.
- Open the can of coconut milk and scoop out the top for the cream. Place as much cream as you want on top of the strawberries.
Pimm’s Dragon (a twist on the British classic)
- 30ml Pimm’s
- 30ml David’s Oolong tea syrup
- Top Proscecco to 2cm below glass
- 3 dashes Smokey Pear bitters
- Top basil citrus foam
- Shake Pimm’s, tea syrup, and bitters with ice.
- Double strain into chilled flute.
- Add Proscecco.
- Add top layer foam.
- Garnish with poppy seeds.