Get ready for the Super Bowl, Vancouverites.
It’s all kicking off on Sunday, February 4 and now’s the time to start thinking about your plans for the night. Right now, you know two things are for sure: You’ll need friends, and you’ll need snacks.
Here’s a thought: Forget searching for seats to watch the game in a bar and invite friends over to your place instead. It will save you time and money.
Whether you’re a big planner or you leave things to the last minute, you can’t go wrong with Tostitos tortilla chips with salsa and dips on the side. But it doesn’t have to stop there.
Take your snack game up to the next level by preparing some easy-to-make, drool-worthy treats that will keep everyone fed and focused on the only thing that matters: Trash-talking during the game. Don’t sweat, it only takes one trip to the store to pick up the ingredients.
Now, get ready to host the ultimate Super Bowl party with these simple recipes.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 bag (230 g) Tostitos® hint of jalapeño flavoured tortilla chips
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pizza sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) pepperoni slices
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Arrange tortilla chips in pizza pan. Layer cheese and cherry tomatoes over top; drizzle with pizza sauce. Scatter pepperoni slices over top.
- Bake for five to 10 minutes or until cheese starts to melt.
- Substitute cooked and crumbled Italian sausage for pepperoni if desired.
- Sprinkle with dried oregano if desired.
- For fully loaded pizza nachos, add diced onions and peppers.
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1½ cups mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup chunky chopped sweet onion
- 1½ cups crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tsp finely chopped chives
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 bag Tostitos® Low Sodium Rounds Tortilla Chips
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, salt and pepper; stir well.
- Add chopped sweet onion and blue cheese; stir gently.
- Sprinkle top with chopped chives.
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 15.5 oz. jar of Tostitos® medium chunky salsa
- 1 bag of Tostitos® SCOOPS!®
- (2) 9 oz. cans of Fritos® bean dip
- 2 tbsp minced pickled jalapeños
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar Jack cheese
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- 1 mozzarella cheese slice
- Stir together bean dip, 1/3 cup salsa, and pickled jalapeños. Microwave for two minutes or until beans are warm, stirring halfway through.
- Spread bean mixture onto a medium oval platter.
- Add a layer of sour cream to the center of the bean mixture, leaving a one-inch border.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the sour cream, again leaving a one-inch border.
- Use the remaining salsa to cover the layer of cheese.
- Top with green onions.
- Cut the mozzarella slice into two long strips and five small strips. Place the five small strips over the two long strips to make the football lace pattern in the middle of the dip.
- Serve with Tostitos® SCOOPS!®