Easter is a time of celebration, a time of reflection, and a time of tracking down chocolate eggs hidden in bushes and gardens.
The Easter egg hunt is a time honoured tradition, beloved by child and adult alike, and there are a bunch happening right in your own backyard. Here are 15 of the best Easter egg hunts in Metro Vancouver.
- What: Easter is in the air with an egg hunt, fun and games, a bouncy castle, and more! Celebrate the season the way the Easter Bunny would have wanted you to.
- Where: Hastings Community Centre -3096 East Hastings Street, Vancouver / Coal Harbour Community Centre – 480 Broughton Street, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, March 19; 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. / Saturday, March 19; 10 a.m. to noon.
- What: What other Easter egg hunt in Vancouver comes after a ride on the famous Stanley Park train? No other. Experience a one-of-a-kind Easter in Vancouver’s beloved Stanley Park.
- Where: Pipeline Road via West Georgia Street entrance
- When: Saturday, March 19 to Monday, March 28; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- What: Six different egg hunts will take place throughout the afternoon, with chocolate treats and a visit from the Easter Bunny himself on the docket. Afterwards enjoy a visit to the gardens, as egg hunt tickets include entry.
- Where: 5251 Oak Street, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, March 26; 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- What: An egg hunt, Easter Bunny visits, crafts, and face painting. Baskets included!
- Where: Roundhouse Community Centre – 181 Roundhouse Mews, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, March 26; 1 to 2:15 p.m.
- What: Enjoy a nice morning egg hunt with the fine folks at the Marpole-Oakridge Community Centre. Open for ages 2 to 6.
- Where: Marpole-Oakridge Community Centre – 990 59th Avenue West, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, March 26; 11 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- What: Egg hunts and games for kids of all ages. The young ones and the younger ones all get their own events, ensuring everyone has a good time.
- Where: Hillcrest Community Centre – 4575 Clancy Loranger Way, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, March 26; 1 to 3 p.m.
- What: Register now for an egg hunt, games, activities, and treats to awaken the child inside.
- Where: Creekside Community Recreation Centre – 1 Athletes Way, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, March 26; 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- What: A community-minded Easter Egg hunt where everyone is a winner! It isn’t the prize, it’s the journey that counts – everyone still gets a Easter treat prize, though.
- Where: Dunbar Community Centre – 4747 Dunbar Street,Vancouver
- When: Sunday, March 27; 11 a.m to 12:30 p.m.
- What: A party celebrating one of history’s least recognized mythological figures. The big guy finally gets his due with an egg hunt and fun and games in his honour.
- Where: Trout Lake Community Centre – 3350 Victoria Drive, Vancouver
- When: Monday, March 28; 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- What: Track down one of each of the five different coloured eggs to win an Easter Treat bag from Lonsdale Quay. After the hunt, enjoy cookie decorating with El Dorado Pies, a craft table, and face painting and balloon sculptures from A*Star.
- Where: 123 Carrie Cates Court, North Vancouver
- When: Sunday, March 27; 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- What: A delicious brunch from Grouse Mountain’s world renowned restaurants, followed by an Easter egg hunt lead by the bunny of the hour. Call ahead for reservations.
- Where: Observatory or Timber Room – 6400 Nancy Greene Way, North Vancouver
- When: Sunday, March 27; 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- What: Take part in a Easter Egg hunt through the Surrey Museum, and then enjoy a show from the Vancouver Rabbit Agility Club as they show off their bouncing bunnies in daring feats of rabbit athleticism.
- Where: Surrey Museum – 17710 56a Avenue, Surrey
- When: Saturday, March 26; 1 to 4 p.m.
- What: A good old fashioned Easter event, with the all the egg hunting, craft making, and chocolate eating you could hope for.
- Where: South Arm Community Centre – 8880 William Road, Richmond
- When: Saturday, March 26; 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- What: An Easter celebration at the historic Gulf of Georgia Cannery. Games, crafts, activities, including the annual Easter Salmon scavenger hunt. They aren’t eggs, but they’re something special.
- Where: Gulf of Georgia Cannery – 12138 Fourth Avenue, Richmond
- When: Saturday, March 26 and Sunday, March 27; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- What: An event for grandparents and their families to get in on the Easter fun. Make an egg basket, decorate traditional Easter eggs, and go on a hunt around the Bosnor 55+ Centre.
- Where: Bosnor 55+ Centre – 6533 Nelson Avenue, Burnaby
- When: Saturday, March 26; 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.