This Earth Hour, turn off your lights and reduce other sources of energy to show your support for action on climate change.
Earth Hour is scheduled for Saturday, March 29 from 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. WWF’s Earth Hour is an opportunity for individuals, businesses and communities around the globe to unite in a powerful call to action of hope for a better, healthier planet. Last year, Vancouver was crowned Earth Hour capital of the world.
You can do lots of fun things in the dark, besides the obvious. Here are a few suggestions:
- Plan a candlelight dinner
- Play board games, by candlelight
- Tell scary stories
- Take a nap
- Quiji board
- Read a book by candle light
- Go for a night time walk around the city
- If the weather is good, go for a sea wall bike ride (make sure you have your bike lights on)
- Play the guitar or other instruments. Impromptu jam session anyone?
Whatever you’re doing try to take the time out and shut off your lights. It’s only for an hour.