One of Vancouver’s popular public events is set to return this month
Doors Open Vancouver (DOV) is a free all-ages public event offering exclusive behind-the-scenes access to interesting and unusual buildings in Vancouver. Explore hidden gems and architectural treasures within the city. From design, history, heritage to function, each site displays a significant part of Vancouver’s evolving story.
Now in its third year, DOV is shaking things up by adding new highlights to the free event. Up until now, DOV has showcased city-owned buildings exclusively. And while several favourites are returning, the programming has expanded to also include privately-owned buildings. This unique experience connects you to the buildings you know and love and encourages curiosity and conversation about the Vancouver you might not know.
This year, Doors Open Vancouver is showcasing 16 buildings which will be open from 10 am to 5 pm unless otherwise stated.
Interested in working behind the scenes at this event? Doors Open is still looking for volunteers! Fill in our signup form today.
City Hall Campus and Olympic Village Hub
- Vancouver City Hall
- False Creek Energy Centre
- 3-1-1 Call Centre
- Vancouver Public Library – Central Library
- The Orpheum – 10am – 3pm only
- Fire Protection System Pump Station
- Marine Building
- Scotiabank Dance Centre
- Bell Tower – Holy Rosary Cathedral
False Creek Flats Hub
- Skwachàys Lodge Aboriginal Hotel and Gallery
- National Works Yard
- Vancouver Animal Services Shelter
- Vancouver Fire and Rescue Training Centre – 10am – 4pm only
Stanley Park Hub
- Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation Administration Office
- Vancouver Police Department Mounted Unit
Enter to win two Doors Open Vancouver jump-the-line wristbands.
To enter to win two Doors Open Vancouver jump-the-line wristbands, do at least one of the following:
1. Follow the City of Vancouver on Instagram – @doorsopenvan and leave a comment below telling us once you have (1 entry)
2. Tweet the following and comment below once you have (1 entry):
- Win two Doors Open Vancouver wristbands @doorsopenvan in #Vancouver via @VancityBuzz http://ow.ly/6eWa30cDvgc RT to enter! #DoorsOpenVan
3. Leave a comment below telling us what location you’re most looking forward to visiting (1 entry)
Contest entries will be accepted from the time and date of publishing until 4:59 pm on June 21, 2017. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they used to enter.
When: Saturday, June 24 , 10 am – 5 pm
Where: 16 buildings across Vancouver