The new FIFA 16 season officially launches on Tuesday, and Burnaby’s own Electronic Arts (EA) studio is the proud producer of the globally acclaimed franchise. A twist this year is featuring 12 women’s national teams for the very first time in 22 years the game has been published.
To celebrate the Canadian edition, Burnaby’s Christine Sinclair, more commonly known as captain of Canada’s women’s national team who recently led our country during the FIFA World Cup earlier this year, is showcased on the cover of the game alongside soccer great, Lionel Messi. Sinclair held a handful of exclusive media interviews while FIFA 16 was showcased at the downtown Vancouver Best Buy store located on Robson and Granville streets.
Topping off the afternoon at Best Buy, nearly a dozen girls ages 10 to 12 from the North Shore Girls Soccer Club met Sinclair, posing for photos while meeting the star and receiving an autographed copy of FIFA 16.
FIFA 16 launches across Canada on Tuesday. The game is available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 – buy it online from BestBuy.ca.
To enter to win one of two signed copies of FIFA 16 (your choice of gaming platform), do at least one of the following:
1. Tweet the following on Twitter: (1 entry)
- Win a copy of #FIFA16 signed by Christine Sinclair @sincy12 via @BestBuyCanada & @VancityBuzz http://ow.ly/Su7NU RT to enter!
2. Leave a comment below telling us who your favourite soccer player is. (1 entry)
3. Like the Vancity Buzz Sports Facebook page. Leave a comment below once you have. (! entry)
4. Follow Vancity Buzz Sports Editor @RobTheHockeyGuy on Twitter. Leave a comment below once you have. (1 entry)
Contest entries will be accepted from time and date of publishing until 11:59 p.m. PST on September 28, 2015. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they enter by.