A staff member at Maple Ridge Seniors Village has tested positive for coronavirus, health officials confirmed on Tuesday.
According to Fraser Health, the staff member is currently in self-isolation at their home, and a rapid response team is at the site and communication with residents and families is underway.
In addition, health officials said enhanced control measures have been put in place at the site and authorities are working with staff to identify anyone who may have been exposed and is taking steps to protect the health of all staff, residents and families.
As part of the process, Fraser Health said it has implemented the following measures:
- Staffing levels will be maintained to provide resident care;
- Visitors are restricted throughout the facility;
- Staff and residents movement in the facility has been restricted;
- Cleaning and infection control measures have been enhanced;
- Residents, families and staff are being notified;
- Twice a day screening of all staff and residents.
Fraser Health said it also has additional presence at the site to take any further actions required and support the facility during this time.
This, the health authority said, includes dedicated people to address quality, answer questions from staff, residents and family, and provide active checks of symptoms with staff and residents.
Maple Ridge Seniors Village is owned and operated by Retirement Concepts. The facility provides long term care, assisted living, and independent living – all in completely separate areas. The outbreak is limited to the long term care unit. There is no crossover among staff in different areas of the building.