FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
It’s that time of year again, when the air is brisk, the pumpkins are bright – and you feel the strange but urgent need to get lost in a corn maze.
Luckily, you children of the corn don’t have to go very far to find your happy place, with corn mazes cropping up all over the Fraser Valley.
So here’s a list of seven awesome corn mazes you’ve got to visit this fall, including one especially terrifying one. Just try to find your way out, please.
What’s better than a corn maze? Craft beer and a corn maze of course! This one-of-a-kind corn maze in Abbotsford gives you craft beer to taste along the way. It will take about an hour for you to find your way out… although why you would want to leave is beyond us.
- When: Weekends until October 15
- Time: 11 am to 6 pm
- Where: 36737 North Parallel Road, Abbotsford
- Tickets: Online at abbyroadside.com for $18, or at the gate for $20.
This maze, which sits on 17 acres of Bose Farm’s 25 total acres, features a full Canada 150 design, and took about 50 hours the shape. By answering a series of trivia questions, posted at corn trail intersections, you will find your way through the two-part maze.
- When: Until October 9
- Time: Thursdays and Fridays, 6 pm to 8 pm, Saturdays, noon to 8 pm, Sundays noon to 4 pm
- Where: 64th Avenue & 156th Street, Surrey
- Admission: $7, or $23 for a family of four
This Corn Maze has loads of the twists and turns. And if you head down to this nursery in October, you’ll also be able to go on a tractor ride, visit the chicken coop, enter the goat palace, get spooked in the haunted house and then search for the best pumpkin.
- When: Every day
- Time: 9 am to 6 pm
- Where: Port Kells Nurseries – 18730 88 Avenue, Surrey
- Admission: Free.
This corn maze at Laity Pumpkin Patch is perfect for kids at just one acre. On their adventure, they’ll also get to meet the Cornstone family that lives in the maze. As well as the maze, you’ll also find a whole host of pumpkin patch activities happening this October.
- When: Every day in October
- Time: Weekdays noon to 5 pm, weekends/holidays 9:30 am to 5 pm
- Where: 21145 128th Avenue, Maple Ridge
- Admission: $5
KIDSPORT, So ALL Kids Can Play!! We are so proud to be working with Kid Sport this year. Every year we work with a different charity to raise awareness and funds for their cause. KidSport believes that every child should have the opportunity to experience the joys of a season of sport. Join us on Saturday Sept. 16th, all ticket proceeds will go to KidSport and help deserving kids in our community! #soallkidscanplay #sharechilliwack #thefraservalley #circlefarmtour
Two families have been operating this corn maze since 1999. Each year, the 12-acre maze gets a new design, and the farm’s range of activities are expanded. This year, you’ll also be able to enjoy a giant jumping pillow, pedal kart track, indoor haybale maze, and a corn box.
- When: Until October 31.
- Time: Thursdays, 6 to 9 pm, Friday and Saturday, 11 am to 9 pm, Sundays and holidays, 11 am to 6 pm. Closed Monday to Wednesday.
- Where: 41905 Yale Road West, Chilliwack
- Admission: $11 at the maze, or $10 in advance online.
Contest time! You could win a complimentary Applebarn Family pass to come visit! We reopen on August 18! To enter, simply follow us and comment below with your favourite memory of the Applebarn! Every Monday we will draw a lucky winner! Good luck!#eatplayloveabby #exploreabbotsford #vanmarkets #contest #free #follow #instalike #localfood #shoplocal #eatyourveggies
The Corn Quest Maze at this family-run farm has an air of mystery about it, so don’t get too lost. Organizers say the mystery should take you about an hour to unravel, but if you need more to do, there’s also a pumpkin patch, jumping pillow, zipline, and cider press demos.
- When: Every day of October.
- Time: 9 am to 5:30 pm, with late opening until 6:30 pm on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays starting October 19.
- Where: 333 Gladwin Road, Abbotsford
- Admission: $6.75, or get a family ticket for $33
Here’s what you’ve all been waiting for – a chance to walk through a corn field of terror. This haunted corn maze includes creepy clowns, creatures of the underworld, and real chainsaws. And judging by the promo video above, you should be very, very afraid.
- When: Select nights throughout October, starting Friday, October 6
- Time: 7 to 10 pm
- Where: 790 McKenzie Road, Abbotsford
- Admission: $20 on site, or try for a limited number of $17 early bird tickets for sale online on September 30 at 9 am.