The opening date of the Vancouver Christmas Market, one of the city’s most popular holiday attractions, is just two weeks away.
Returning to Jack Poole Plaza for another year, the market kicks off from November 21 to December 24 with extended holiday hours (11:30 am to 9:30 pm) for all who attend.
Guests can expect more than 55,000-sq-ft of entertainment, more than 80 vendors, and a gorgeous Christmas carousel.
New highlights for this year include a heated Alpine Lounge, exclusive Wunderbar, the “Winterdeck,” and the 30-foot long Lovers’ Lane tunnel featuring 10,000 sparkling lights, a mistletoe, and a “love lock” installation.
And of course, what would the Market be without a wide selection of treats, including Glühwein (a hot-spiced mulled wine), German Bratwurst, Gulasch, Spätzle, Schnitzel, Strudels, Transylvanian Chimney Cakes, a selection of German beer, award-winning German-style wine, and much more.
This year, Daily Hive, the Vancouver Christmas Market, and the Westin Bayshore Hotel are teaming up to give one lucky reader a VIP staycation for two, to start off the holidays in style.
The winner will receive a one-night stay for two at The Westin Bayshore in their premium harbour view room.
The winner will also receive VIP entry and treatment at the Vancouver Christmas Market.
The night begins with the Mistletoe Combo, which includes adult admission for two to the market, complimentary souvenir mugs, traditional beverages of your choice, a Love Lock to use at their new installation, as well as fast passes and unlimited rides for the carousel.
There’ll be no need to worry about going hungry either. The winner will also receive two Spaetzle dinners, as well as entry for two to the Vancouver Christmas Market’s brand new Wunderbar.
The Wunderbar is a private, reservable lounge where visitors can enjoy Christmas cocktails, warm beverages, a charcuterie board and German sweets.
Here’s how you can enter:
1. Follow Vancouver Christmas Market and Westin Bayshore Hotel on Instagram – @vanchristmas and @WestinBayshore – and leave a comment below telling us once you have along with your Instagram handle. (1 entry).
2. Tweet the following (1 entry):
Win the ultimate @VanChristmas holiday night out in #Vancouver via @DailyhHiveVancouver https://bit.ly/2PJ4r4e RT to enter! #VanChristmas
3. Follow@dailyhivevancouver on Instagram and tag the person you’d like to bring on this Instagram post (1 entry)
The contest runs until Wednesday, November 14, 2018, at 11:59 pm. See contest guidelines.
Tickets for the 2018 Vancouver Christmas Market are available for purchase online.
When: Wednesday, November 21 to Tuesday, December 24, 2018
Where: Jack Poole Plaza – 1055 Canada Place
Time: November 21 to December 24, 2018: 11:30 am – 9:30 pm, closes at 6 pm on December 24
Tickets: Available online and at the gate.
- Online prices: Adult $10, Seniors $9, Youth $5 (add $5 for a Fast Pass and Season Pass)
- Gate Admissions: Adult $12, Seniors $11, Youth $5 (Children under six are free)
Daily Hive is a proud media sponsor of the 9th annual Vancouver Christmas Market
- Surrey City Council approves plan to cancel LRT, move ahead with SkyTrain
- Justin Timberlake postpones upcoming Vancouver concerts
- Metro Vancouver spot giving out FREE bubble tea this weekend