If you’ve been looking for a way to donate supplies for Fort McMurray relief, Concord Pacific is collecting items to fill two large shipping containers this weekend.
The Vancouver-based development company will also pay for shipping the supplies and will donate at least $50,000 to the Red Cross.
“We want to provide an area for people who not only want to give cash, but also give supplies to really get their hands on that tactile gift-giving,” Concord Pacific’s Peter Udzenija tells Vancity Buzz.
Concord Pacific – along with a bevy of volunteers and organizer Ludovic Siouffi – will be collecting the supplies from 10 a.m. on May 14 to 5 p.m. on May 15 at Concord Pacific Place.
They’re asking that you bring the following items if you’re interested in donating:
- Toiletries (brand new: soap, shampoo, tampons, toothpaste, etc0
- Diapers and wipes
- Clothes for both men and women
- New socks and underwear
- Shoes of all sizes
- Non-perishable foods
- Baby food
- School back items like juice boxes and granola bars
All the supplies will be directly donated to the Edmonton Emergency Relief Services Society and to the Fort McMurray Evac.
If you’re interested in making a cash donation, click here.
- When: Saturday, May 14 at 10 a.m. to Sunday, May 15 at 5 p.m.
- Where: Concord Pacific Place – 88 Pacific Boulevard, Vancouver
- Website: redcross.ca/concord