FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
BUSINESS & TECH, COMMUNITY
Wed, January 20, 4:00pm
Science Fair Foundation of BC
Starts at $10.00
Wed, January 20, 7:30pm
Fri, January 22, 6:00pm
Wed, February 17, 7:30pm
Starts at $140.00
Turn it up loud in August! Keep your summer vibes going with our checklist of can’t-miss club nights taking place in Vancouver this month.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Honey Soundsystem is a collective of DJs, musicians, performers and designers. Co-founders Ken Woodard and Jacob Sperber were inspired by pivotal gay underground parties, who offered a take on dance music in direct opposition to what was blaring on mainstream club speakers. Gradually they brought in other DJs with similar tastes before the group finalized its current roster: Jacob Sperber, Jason Kendig, Robert Yang and Josh Cheon.
- When: August 4
- Time: 8 pm to 4 am
- Where: Celebrities– 1022 Davie Street, Vancouver
- Tickets: Online, $20
- What: A one-of-a-kind Pride garden party taking place at the Sheraton Wall Centre on August 6. Dance on one of two dance floors and hear five DJs spinning tracks throughout the event. This includes Rose Garcia (Real L Word), well-known NYC and LA DJ Whitney Day, Nathalie Morel, Agent 99, Armistice, and Miss M.
- When: August 6
- Time: 4 to 9 pm
- Where: Sheraton Wall Centre – 1088 Burrard Street
- Price: $47.50 – Tickets available online
- What: The big, beautiful, spicy, pumping, and powerful Hershe Bar will be throwing the grand finale party of Pride. This party’s an indoor festival with two spacious clubs, six of North America’s finest DJs, jets of confetti, lasers, and sizzling hot dancers. If you get a ticket then you’ll also gain access to both neighbouring venues, so you can stick with one style or wander between. Everyone who’s 19+ is welcome to attend.
- When: August 6
- Time: 9 pm to 2 am
- Where: Harbour Event Centre and Privé Nightclub
- Tickets: Online, $30
- What: An intimate dance party with DJ Abel + rotating special guests and surprises. Featuring rap trax, throwbacks, dancehall and party faves
- When: Every Friday
- Time: 8 pm
- Where: The Fox Cabaret – 2321 Main Street, Vancouver
- Cost: Free
- What: Rising artist based out of Atlanta, Nessly, returns to Fortune Sound for Happy Ending Fridays with Rico Uno, LeChance, Shae Andi and Lemon.
- When: August 11
- Time: 10 pm to 2 am
- Where: Fortune Sound Club – 147 East Pender Street, Vancouver
- Tickets: Online, $15
- What: Long-running UK electronic group, originally formed by Jimmy Cauty (of The KLF) and Alex Paterson in 1988, that grew out of a love of ambient music and dub, soundscapes and science fiction.
- When: Wednesday, August 16
- Time: Doors 8 pm
- Where: The Biltmore Cabaret – 2755 Prince Edward St, Vancouver
- Tickets: Online, $19-$25
- What: Get trippy n’ turnt with resident DJ’s Rico Uno and Geni3. Featuring Hip Hop, trap, rap and more.
- When: Every Wednesday
- Time: 11 pm to 3 am
- Where: Caprice Nightclub – 967 Granville Street, Vancouver
- Tickets: Guest List Online
- What: 2 Chainz comes to Vancouver on his Pretty Girls Like Trap Music Tour. In the four years since his last solo album, 2 Chainz music and content output has been unstoppable. In 2016 alone he released three critically acclaimed mixtapes, teamed up with hip hop legend Lil Wayne for a mammoth collaboration album, and partnered with GQ Magazine for the third season of his smash web-series “Most Expensivest Sh!t.”
- When: August 18
- Time: 8 pm
- Where: Commodore Ballroom – 867 Granville Street,
- Tickets: Online, $55 + sc
- What: A tribute to the Harder BASS Generation. Crisis Era is a hard dance duo from Vancouver who has performed all over the world, including Belgium, Austria and the United States.
- When: August 19
- Time: 10 pm
- Where: Harbour Event Centre – 750 Pacific Blvd., Vancouver
- Tickets: Online, $10
- What: Crafting a sound all his own, Jidenna’s music effortlessly collides genres and eras, uniting bright EDM and highlife on one song, and bouncing trap beats under smooth Nat King Cole vocals on another. His debut record, The Chief, was released in February of 2017
- When: August 27
- Time: 9 pm
- Where: Venue – 881 Granville St, Vancouver
- Tickets: Online, $27.50