Vancouver-based Thunderbird Films and Force Four Entertainment are at it again. “Package Deal” and “Seed”- have been green lit by Citytv’s original content team.
Package Deal: produced by Thunderbird Films- is about three overly close brothers and the woman who comes between them. When Kim starts dating Danny, he seems too good to be true – a successful lawyer, charming, and single then she discovers he’s already committed – to his two older brothers, Sheldon and Ryan. Will Danny ever grow up and be his own man? Or will Kim have to accept that his brothers are part of the ‘package deal’?
Seed: From Force Four Entertainment, the producers of the upcoming Citytv original reality series The Bachelor Canada, Offers a fresh take on the family comedy. Ill-equipped bachelor Harry finds his foray into the world of sperm donation has resulted in kids (lots of them) and becomes entangled in the lives of his new-found children and their less-than-thrilled families – whether they want him to or not.
Overall, Citytv unveiled nine new comedies, four dramas and one reality show joining its fall line up. The rest of the lineup announcement was comprised of American shows, with a heavy emphasis on comedies:
- Partners, a comedy from the creators of Will & Grace, about two lifelong best friends and business partners whose “bromance” is tested when one of them becomes engaged.
- Ben and Kate, about an exuberant and irresponsible dreamer who moves in with his younger sister, a single mother who likes everything to be under control.
- The Mindy Project, starring comedian Mindy Kaling as a single woman trying to start a practice as an obstetrician and improve her personal and love life.
- Malibu Country: a comedy about a divorced country singer (Reba McEntire) who relocates her family to Malibu.
- Revolution: a new drama from J.J. Abrams about life after a worldwide blackout. A young woman sets off to solve the riddle of the blackout after her father is murdered.
- 666 Park Ave: a thriller about an apartment building haunted by supernatural forces.
Slated for mid-season:
- 1600 Penn, about a presidential family living in the White House while dealing with everyday issues, like getting on with a stepmom and an adult child who’s moved back home.
- How to Live with Your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life), a comedy about a single mom who moves back in with her eccentric parents.
- The Carrie Diaries, a Sex and the City prequel about the life of a 16-year-old Carrie Bradshaw, based on the Candace Bushnell novels.
- Hannibal, about a criminal profiler who turns to Dr. Hannibal Lecter for help when searching for a serial killer.
- The Goodwin Games, a comedy about three grown siblings who discover they could inherit more than $20 million if they take part in a series of unusual tasks.
Vancouver produced, Package Deal and Seed are slated to launch 13 episodes exclusively on Citytv in mid-season.
Follow Felix on Twitter: @TheFelixKay