Christmas is just around the corner and as the nights become a little brighter these days, thanks to all the Christmas lights adorning many of the city’s buildings and districts, Vancouverites are getting into the Christmas Spirit. There are a lot Christmas events in Vancouver and the metro area. We’ve compiled a list of events that we’ll be updated as we find out about more. If you know of any events please feel freed to add them via comment.
Vancouver Christmas events 2012
- Dates: November 28, to February 2013)
- Cost: This is a free event if you have skates, otherwise $4 for skates, $2 for helmet, $2 for ice cleats (cash only)
- Location: Robson Square (Robson Street between Hornby and Howe St.)
- Dates: November 24th to December 24th
- Time: 11:00 am-9:00 pm
- Location: Queen Elizabeth Theatre Plaza
- Adults (13+ years): $5 General Admission
- $2 Monday to Friday 11am-4pm
- Youth (7-12 years): $2
- Child (0-6 years): Free
- Date: Sunday, December 2, 2012
- Time: 1:00 pm
- Location: Downtown Vancouver, click the link for more details.
- Where: Jack Poole Plaza (Next to the new Convention Centre, where the Olympic Cauldron is)
- When: November 29, 2012. Festivities start around 5:30 pm.
- Cost: Free
- November 29/12 – January 1/13,
- Sun-Thurs 3-10PM and Fri/Sat 3-11PM.
- In addition to the weekend hours Bright Nights will also offer special matinees every Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday in December from 11:00AM – 3:00PM.
- Where: Croatian Cultural Center (3250 Commercial Drive)
- When: December 23, 11am-6pm
- General Admission: $5 ($1 off with donation to the food bank). Children 12 & Under are Free
Advance tickets at Ticketmaster 1-855-985-5000 or www.ticketmaster.ca . Same day tickets available, starting November 29th, at the on-site Miniature Railway Box Office in Stanley Park from 12:00pm, 604-257-8531.
Festival of Lights at VanDusen Gardens
- December 7, 2012 – January 1, 2013 (closed December 25)
- Dates: December 7th – 31st, 2012
- Adult: $40
Seniors and Students: $35
Family (2 adults & 2 children): $110
December 19th to 23rd 2012 (December 19 – 22 at 7:30pm and December 22nd and 23rd at 2pm) at The Centre in Vancouver for Performing Arts. Regularly priced tickets for The Nutcracker range in price from $32 to $83.25 (plus applicable service fees) and are on sale now through Ticketmaster, www.ticketmaster.ca, or by calling 1-855-985-5000 or visitwww.gohnutcracker.com for more information.
North Vancouver Christmas events 2012
- Dates: November 24, 2012-December 24, 2012
- Admission: are complimentary with your season’s pass, a Skyride admission ticket and a special family rate of $79.95 is also available.
Burnaby Christmas events 2012
- Date: November 24, 2012 – December 14, 2012 (12:00 PM – 4:30 PM)
- November 24 – December 14, 12noon-4:30pm
- December 15 – January 4, 2013, 12noon-9pm
- (closed December 24 & 25)
- Richmond Christmas events 2012
Surrey Christmas events 2012
- Date: Sunday, December 2, 2012
- The event begins at 5pm. Route details can be found here.
Saturday, December 8 to Tuesday, January 1
- Dates: December 8 to January 1st, 2013
- Admission is $6.50 for adults, $6 for children, and $4.50 for those under 2. The train operates every day from 10am to 4pm.
Image by Dani.in.Vancouver