The annual Ocean Wise Seafood Chowder Chowdown is on in Vancouver this November.
Now in its tenth year, the event in support of Ocean Wise sustainable seafood programs, will see past winners compete for the title of “All-Star Ocean Wise Chowder Chowdown Champion.”
In this All-Star edition, culinary heavyweights will go “ladle-to-ladle” in the soup-centric cook-off as attendees and a panel of judges sample the goods before casting their votes to name the 2017 champion.
Ticket prices include the chance to taste all 12 chowders plus refreshments from local beverage partners (TBA).
Participating chefs and restaurants include:
- Executive Chef Karan Suri, ARC Restaurant, Fairmont Waterfront
- Chef Roger Ma, Boulevard Kitchen + Oyster Bar
- Chef Paul Cecconi, Brodo Kitchen
- Chef Thompson Tran, The Wooden Boat
- Chef Yosuke Okubo, Hapa Izakaya
- Chef Rob Schrier, Locals Restaurant
- Chef Doug Neigel, Mercatto
- Chef Julian Bond, Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts
- Chef Mardy Ra, Pacific Yacht Charters
- Owner & Executive Chef Aaron Rail, The White Whale Restaurant
- Jennifer Jaewon Kim, Thomsons Restaurant, Hyatt Regency Calgary
- Executive Chef Ned Bell, Vancouver Aquarium | Ocean Wise Catering & Events
- Chef Justin Paakuunainen, Preston’s Restaurant + Lounge
Ocean Wise Chowder Chowdown
When: November 22, 7 pm
Where: Vancouver Aquarium, 845 Avison Way, Vancouver
Price: $75 available online.