Last year’s Chilliwack Sunflower Festival proved to be a huge success, attracting thousands of attendees — and this summer, the event is back for another season.
Operated by Tulips of the Valley (who also operate the ever-popular Chilliwack Tulip Festival), the festival returned on August 1 and will take place until September 15, this time with a huge field of 54 varieties of dahlias to complement the acres of sunflowers.
This year, in total, there will be 20 acres of flowers, including 35 varieties of peak-season sunflowers — from two-foot Dwarf Sunspots to 12-foot Mammoth Grey Stripes.
The Chilliwack Sunflower Festival provides countless opportunities for photographs and videos, such as swing sets, a windmill, a vintage bicycle, face cut-outs, and more! You can also enjoy the many outdoor lawn games available to play including bola ball, giant Jenga, dominoes, tic-tac-toe, checkers, and more. All ages are welcome, and pets are welcome too, as long as they are on-leash.
Be sure to visit the U-Pick section, where you will be able to pick your own sunflowers to take home (while supplies last). Afterward, head over to the local food trucks and enjoy some food, cold drinks, ice-cream, and snacks.
On weekends, there will be the added attraction of the Rotary Club of Chilliwack Fraser train, which will offer free rides through the fields.
Prices vary for individuals, families, and large groups — however, children under the age of five are admitted free!
Visit ChilliwackSunflowerFest.com for directions, more information, and to purchase your tickets, however, if you’d like the chance to win a Chilliwack Sunflower Festival prize package courtesy of Tulips of the Valley, simply enter the contest below!
- Two-night stay at the Coast Chilliwack Hotel by APA (valid until September 15, 2019; Sunday to Thursday only)
- Two passes to the Chilliwack Sunflower Festival — includes one bouquet (five sunflowers) from the U-Pick sunflower field and one $30 gift card to use at the Food Trucks at the Sunflower Festival (valid until September 15, 2019)
- Two passes for a one-hour rental (stand-up paddleboard or kayak) at Main Beach Boat Rentals at Cultus Lake (valued at $40)
- Dinner at Bravo Restaurant and Lounge (valued at $75)
- Gift card for use at Old Yale Brewing (valued at $25)
To enter for your chance to win the Chilliwack Sunflower Festival prize package, do at least one of the following:
1. Follow Chilliwack Sunflower Festival on Instagram – @ChilliwackSunflowerFest and leave a comment on the following IG post tagging a friend you would bring along to the festival, alongside the hashtag #dhcontest. (1 entry)
View this post on Instagram
2. Tweet the following (1 entry):
- Win a Chilliwack Sunflower Festival 2019 prize package experience via @onosfestivals & @DailyHiveVan RT to enter! #dhcontest
Contest entries will be accepted from the time and date of publishing until 11:59 pm on August 13, 2019. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they used to enter.
When: August 1 to September 15
Where: 41310 Yale Road
Tickets: Available via website