Where to eat at SFU for under $10
Sep 2 2016, 12:04 pm
With the school year kicking off, we’ve narrowed down some cheap spots to eat on the SFU campus. For $10 or less, here’s where to nosh at Simon Fraser University.
Quesada Burritos & Tacos
- What: Quesada is a must on the SFU campus. Burritos start at only $4.99 and come with all of the best Mexican-inspired fillings. Feel like tacos? Get three for $6.99. Fillings include spicy chicken, pork, steak or chilli-lime fish.
- Where: 8961 Cornerstone Mews, Burnaby
- When: Open Monday to Friday, from 11 am to 9 pm, Saturday and Sunday, from 11 am to 8 pm
- What: What university would be complete without the staple pub? At Highland, refuel between classes (and quench that post-study thirst) with a variety of menu items for less than $10. Potato skins, the quesadilla, chicken fingers, and the Highland Burger are a few favourite pub eats within your budget. You can also opt for any of the rice bowls, like Thai Prawn Curry, Ginger Beef, and Sesame Chicken, for $10.
- Where: 8888 University High Street, Burnaby
- When: Open on Mondays from 11 am to 5 pm, and from Tuesday to Friday, from 11 am to 11 pm
- What: Club Ilia, located on Burnaby Mountain, is a favourite student haunt, thanks in large part to the on-campus eatery. It’s not the rowdiest of places, but it is still a fun place to enjoy your usual nachos, wings, flatbread pizza, gyoza, and poutine.
- Where: 8902 University High Street, Burnaby
- When: Open from Monday to Saturday, from 11 am to 11 pm
- What: A perfect mid-day snack or dessert, Yeti Yogurt offers a ton of different flavors to choose from. Try their new flavors watermelon, peach ice tea, or pina colada sorbet. The yogurt is priced by weight starting at $2.50/100 grams.
- Where: 8982 University High St, Burnaby
- When: Open every day, from 11:30 am to 9 pm
- What: Near the Vancouver campus, Bonchaz is a hotspot. Cheap soups, sandwiches, and coffee are their speciality. Other perks include free wifi and a 10% discount with student ID. There’s also a Bonchaz on West Broadway, on the way to UBC.
- Where: 426 West Hastings, Vancouver
- When: Open Monday to Friday, from 7:15 am to 7 pm, Saturdays, from 9 am to 5 pm, and Sundays, from 10 am to 5 pm