Celebrity Tributes for Philippine Typhoon Haiyan Victims is a fundraising event being organized by Simply the Best TV Show Host Luisa Marshall and her friends to help raise funds for the victims of Super Typhoon Haiyan which devastated central Philippines.
615,000 people were forced out of their homes and well over 10,000 are feared dead after what may be the strongest cyclone ever recorded.
Vancouver’s best Celebrity Tribute Artists will get together to help raise funds for the survivors of Philippine Typhoon Haiyan. It will feature Bobby Bruce as Nearly Neil (Neil Diamond Tribute), ABRA Cadabra (ABBA Tribute), Darren Lee (Elvis Presley Impersonator) and Luisa Marshall’s Tina Turner Tribute with the Luisa Marshall Band. The benefit show will be held at the Grand Taj Banquet Hall in Surrey, B.C. on Thursday, November 14, 2013. There will be a silent auction, 50-50 draw and much more.
This event is still being organized: the event details are subject to change; organizers are also promising additions to the programming.
Celebrity Tributes For Philippine Typhoon Haiyan Victims
Date: Thursday, November 14, 2013
Venue: Grand Taj Banquet Hall (Unit 6, 8388 – 128 St., Surrey, BC, V3W 4G2)
Tickets: $30. For tickets please call: Nellie Vandt at 604-771-5370 or Jerry “Papa Bear” Legaspi at 604-720-9882.
Celebrity Tributes for Philippine Typhoon Haiyan Victims is a joint effort by all concerned Filipino Canadian community members with the help of Sukhi Bath and the following organizations:
- Multicultural Helping House Society
- SPIDS – Surrey Philippine Independence Day Society
- Barangay North Vancouver
- MV-PACES – Metro Vancouver Philippine Arts & Culture Exposition Society
- Circulo Cagayano Association of British Columbia
- Beatriz Cabilin of Beatriz Boutique
- Dr. Lorene Balmaceda Lederer
- Annie Miles, Marinduque Association of BC
- Nellie Vandt, VIP International Entertainment
- Pocholo Insua, Planet Philippines
- ReyFort Media Group
- Mabuhay News
- Philippine Canadian Inquirer