13 people in hospital after carbon monoxide poisoning incident in Vancouver

Dec 6 2018, 12:59 am

Thirteen people in Vancouver were taken to hospital today following an apparent carbon monoxide poisoning incident.

According to Emergency Health Services (EHS), paramedics responded to a call after a patient collapsed.

“Paramedics, who wear CO monitors, arrived on scene and immediately detected carbon monoxide,” said Emergency Health services on Twitter.

In a later tweet, EHS said the incident happened “this morning” and it was “paramedics’ carbon monoxide monitors that alerted them to danger.”

EHS told Daily Hive the incident took place in the 1600-block of West 5th Avenue.

All of the individuals were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning. Two people were in critical condition.

See also
DH Vancouver StaffDH Vancouver Staff

+ News
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT