The only downtown neighbourhood to participate in the annual car free day is the West End. Here is what is going on on Denman street that day.
See Also: Car Free Day Vancouver 2013 Events
Some of This Year’s Features in the West End
- Pet Parade (Barclay and Denman from 2 to 4 p.m.)
- Penny Drive – Want to get rid of your pennies? Donate them to us!
- PuddleCity Arts – local musicians/artists entertaining you near the Central Bistro/Lounge at Comox
- Squares Across the Border
- Kids Zone – music, drawing and fun to be had for all the kids!
- Face Painting Tent
- SAINTS Rescue
- West End Seniors & Gordon House
- Qmunity – celebrating their 1st year in the Festival!
- Vancouver Aquarium
- Stanley Park Ecology Society
- West End Residents Association (WERA)
- Theatre Under the Stars
- Local politicians
- West End Cleanup
- Tango Meats BBQ
- Haro Street Entertainment Tent
- and more!
West End Car Free Day 2013
Date: Sunday, June 16th, 2013 (Father’s Day)
Location: We’ll be celebrating on Denman Street between Davie & Robson
Time: Festival runs from noon to 6 p.m. and the street is closed from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Image by Magalie L’Abbé