Welcome to Vancity Buzz’s Election 2015 coverage for Metro Vancouver. Refresh this post on October 19 for up-to-date information for the Vancouver Kingsway riding.
RE-ELECTS DON DAVIES, NDP
Vancouver Kingsway is home to over 100,000 people, most of whom are immigrants. There is a large Chinese-Canadian population in the area and 62 per cent of people in the area are non-Christian. The electoral district is currently represented by MP Don Davies with the NDP.
Here is a map of the district:
- Conservative: Jojo Quimpo 9,538/21.1%
- NDP: Don Davies (Incumbent) RE-ELECTED 20,663/45.6%
- Liberal: Steven Kou 12,625/27.9%
- Green: Catherine Moore-Gaska 1,476/3.3%
- Communist: Kimball Cariou 447/1.0%
- Libertarian: Matt Kadioglu 468/1.0%
- Marxist-Leninst: Donna Petersen 81/0.2%
9:09 p.m. – As of now the projected winner of the riding is Don Davies of the New Democratic Party.