Welcome to Vancity Buzz’s Election 2015 coverage for Metro Vancouver. Refresh this post on October 19 for up-to-date information for the Vancouver Centre riding.
RE-ELECTS HEDY FRY, LIBERAL
The Vancouver Centre riding encompasses the West End, Yaletown, Downtown Vancouver, Coal Harbour, western Strathcona and eastern Kitsilano. Hedy Fry with the Liberals has been the incumbent for the electoral district since 1993, and she is running again.
Here is a map of the district:
- Conservative: Elaine Allan 9,878/16.7%
- NDP: Constance Barnes 11,819/20.0%
- Liberal: Hedy Fry (Incumbent) RE-ELECTED 33,400/56.5%
- Green: Lisa Barrett 3,370/5.7%
- Libertarian: John Clarke 614/1.0%
- Marxist-Leninst: Michael Hill 74/0.1%
8:38 p.m. – As of now, the projected winner for the riding is Hedy Fry of the Liberal Party.