Welcome to Vancity Buzz’s Election 2015 coverage for Metro Vancouver. Refresh this post on October 19 for up-to-date information for the Burnaby North-Seymour riding.
ELECTS TERRY BEECH, LIBERAL
The Burnaby North-Seymour electoral district is home to a population of more than 100,000 people and is a fairly new riding – it was created in 2012. This year will be the first year it comes into effect for a federal election. As such, the riding isn’t represented in the House of Commons yet.
Here’s a map of the district:
Image: Elections Canada
- Conservative: Mike Little 14,558/28.1%
- NDP: Carol Baird Ellan 15,225/29.4%
- Liberal: Terry Beech ELECTED 18.742/36.2%
- Green: Lynne Quarmby 2,695/5.2%
- Libertarian: Chris Tylor 246/0.5%
- Independent: Helen Hee Soon Chang 206/0.4%
- Communist: Brent Jantzen 129/0.2%
- Marxist-Leninst: Brian Sproule 39/0.1%
9:11 p.m. PST
- Election has been called in the new riding of Burnaby North-Seymour for the Liberals and Terry Beech.
9:04 p.m. PST
- Still waiting for Burnaby North-Seymour to be called, but it is looking good for Terry Beech and the Liberals, currently with 37 per cent of the vote.
8:09 p.m. PST
- 8/193 polls reporting a Liberal lead