FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Canada Day is all about celebrating the birth of our nation, and what better way to do that than with fire in the night sky?
There are a number of celebrations happening around town, and we’ve compiled a list of spectacular fireworks displays that will make you want to shout “O, Canada!”
- 17 Canada Day Vancouver 2016 events to show off your red and white
- Canada Day 2016 in Vancouver takes Canada Place back to Expo 86
Here are 9 Canada Day fireworks celebrations happening around Metro Vancouver.
Celebrate Canada’s birthday with festivities at Canada Place. From headlining artists on the mainstage to citizenship ceremonies, take part in everything Canadian. And of course, don’t miss the fireworks.
- Where: Canada Place, Jack Poole Plaza, and surrounding area
- When: July 1, 10 am to 6 pm, fireworks at 10:30 pm
Surrey’s Canada Day celebrations is at Bill Reid Millennium Amphitheatre, and features performances from morning until midnight. The headliner this year is Tom Cochrane with Red Rider, which will be followed by fireworks.
- Where: Bill Reid Millennium Amphitheatre, 176 Street & 64th Avenue, Surrey
- When: July 1, 10 am to 10:30 pm
Not only will the fireworks near Canada Place be visible to North Vancouver residents, but West Vancouver will have it’s own display off the shores of Ambleside.
- Where: John Lawson Park – 17th Street, West Vancouver
- When: July 1 – fireworks start at 10:30 pm
The City of Burnaby will be lighting off fireworks following a huge free concert at Swangard Stadium. Headliners at the concert are The Trews. The gates at Swangard open at 5 pm and the fireworks grand finale commences at dusk.
- Where: Swangard Stadium – 3883 Imperial Street, Burnaby
- When: July 1 – gates open at 5 pm, fireworks start at dusk
Coquitlam will be celebrating with a fireworks spectacular at 10 pm in Town Centre Park on Canada Day. Preceding that will be a free community festival with live music and food.
- Where: Town Centre Park – Pipeline Road, Coquitlam
- When: July 1; noon to 10:30 pm (fireworks start at 10 pm)
Port Coquitlam’s Canada Day involves family friendly fun, along with a fireworks show at dusk, coordinated by Port Coquitlam Fire & Emergency Services.
- Where: Castle Park – 2252 Castle Crescent, Port Coquitlam
- When: July 1 – fireworks start at dusk
Delta will be showing off their fireworks prowess in Chalmers Park this Canada Day, following a full day event with crafts and food.
- Where: 11400 76A Avenue, North Delta
- When: July 1; 5:30 to 10:45 pm
More than 25,000 people turn out each year to visit the waterfront on July 1. A day of fun is followed up with fireworks at dusk.
- Where: Semiahmoo Bay, West Beach, White Rock
- When: July 1; dusk
Live music, kids activities and fireworks over the Fraser River are what you can expect at New Westminster’s Canada Day celebrations.
- Where: Queen’s Park Bandshell – 3rd Avenue, New Westminster
- When: July 1; fireworks start at 10 pm