Police issue warning after Burnaby sex worker forcibly confined at gunpoint

Aug 19 2026, 4:54 pm

Burnaby RCMP officials are issuing a dire warning to the community after a forcible confinement investigation involving a sex worker.

According to Burnaby RCMP, a robbery targeting a sex worker has prompted a warning to others involved in the sex trade.

The incident occurred just after 9 p.m. on Aug. 15, when Burnaby RCMP officers responded to a report of forcible confinement at a residence in North Burnaby.

According to the victim’s report, she had been restrained at gunpoint and robbed by two male suspects who had left the scene afterward.

Burnaby RCMP said that the victim wasn’t physically injured in the incident.

Now, the Burnaby RCMP Investigative Support Team is collecting evidence and gathering more information as it attempts to uncover who was responsible.

“This was a terrifying situation for the victim, and we want to ensure the community is aware of this incident, particularly those engaged in sex work,” said Burnaby RCMP Sergeant Kyle Kifferling, who is with the Burnaby RCMP Investigative Support Team.

“Our Victim Services Unit is also engaged on this file in order to offer support and resources, while investigators continue to work to identify and arrest the suspects involved,” Kifferling added.

Burnaby RCMP is asking anyone who might have more information about the incident to reach out to the Burnaby RCMP Investigative Support Team at 604-646-9999.

GET MORE VANCOUVER NEWS

By signing up, you agree to receive email newsletters from Daily Hive.

You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email.

Daily Hive is a division of ZoomerMedia Limited, 70 Jefferson Avenue, Toronto ON M6K 3H4.

ADVERTISEMENT
GET MORE VANCOUVER NEWS