The list of BC’s top employers has just been released, with companies like Microsoft Vancouver, the University of British Columbia, and Telus Corporation making the cut.
The 12th annual list was organized by the editors of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
Employers are evaluated on their physical workplace, the work atmosphere, benefits, vacation and time off, employee communications, performance management, training and skills development, and community involvement.
- 11 BC companies make Forbes top 100 Canada's Best Employers list
- Canada's top 100 employers for 2017 released
According to the organzation, BC’s top employers “have made fitness and healthier lifestyle integral to their workplace.”
“Besides empowering employees to create whatever they want in terms of exercise, onsite yoga, or a biking or run club, the company provides its climbing enthusiasts with an indoor bouldering cave where they can get together over lunch to set up routes and problem-solve them,” says the release.
If your office doesn’t have an indoor climbing wall yet, you’re clearly missing out.
BC’s top employers 2017
- AbeBooks Inc.
- ACL Services Ltd.
- Arc’teryx Equipment Inc.
- BC Assessment
- BC Children’s Hospital Foundation
- BC Housing Management Commission
- BC Hydro
- BC Public Service
- Best Buy Canada Ltd.
- Boeing Vancouver
- British Columbia Ferry Services Inc. / BC Ferries
- British Columbia Institute of Technology / BCIT
- British Columbia Liquor Distribution Branch
- British Columbia Lottery Corporation / BCLC
- Cactus Restaurants Ltd.
- Canfor Corporation
- Canucks Sports & Entertainment
- Coast Capital Savings Credit Union
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC, The
- Connect Hearing
- Dentons Canada LLP
- DLA Piper (Canada) LLP
- Douglas College
- DP World (Canada) Inc.
- Family Insurance Solutions Inc.
- FinancialCAD Corporation / FINCAD
- Fortinet Technologies (Canada) ULC
- Fraser Health Authority
- Goldcorp Inc.
- Great Little Box Company, The
- Grouse Mountain Resorts Ltd.
- Hemmera Envirochem Inc.
- HP Advanced Solutions Inc.
- Industry Training Authority / ITA
- Interior Health Authority
- Island Health
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University / KPU
- Microsoft Vancouver
- MTU Maintenance Canada Ltd.
- Nature’s Path Foods Inc.
- Northern Health
- Oppenheimer Group, The
- Pacific Blue Cross
- Perkins+Will Canada Architects Co.
- Peterson Investments (Canada) Inc.
- PNI Digital Media Inc.
- Provincial Health Services Authority / PHSA
- QHR Technologies Inc.
- QlikTech Corporation
- R.F. Binnie & Associates Ltd.
- Raymond James Ltd.
- School District No. 36 (Surrey)
- Simon Fraser University
- Sophos Inc.
- SRK Consulting (Canada) Inc.
- St. George’s School
- Surrey, City of
- TELUS Corporation
- TransLink (South Coast British Columbia Transportation Authority)
- Transportation Investment Corporation
- University of British Columbia / UBC
- University of Northern British Columbia / UNBC
- University of the Fraser Valley / UFV
- Vancouver Airport Authority
- Vancouver, City of
- West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.
- Whistler Blackcomb