We’ve all been there before, searching for a place to grab an afternoon drink after a stressful day at work. Most of us default to the tried, tested, and true because we’re simply unaware of the alternatives around us. brewhound, the free mobile app, helps Vancouverites escape the same-old and experience new places to enjoy happy hour.
With a database boasting 325 bars and restaurants, and over 2,000 deals, brewhound helps users find specials on drinks and food with a single tap. It features deals throughout Metro Vancouver and is updated daily with new deals and establishments. And it’s not just for people in the city – the app covers everywhere in Metro Vancouver, from White Rock to West Vancouver.
Founded by a small team based in Vancouver, brewhound aims to help users find great deals while giving local bars and restaurants a boost in visibility by highlighting their best specials.
“With happy hour having been introduced to Vancouver just a couple of years ago, it represents a great social opportunity that we’re not all used to taking advantage of,” said brewhound spokesperson Kristina Stoyanova.
“In launching brewhound, our goal was to help Vancouverites find new establishments and deals so they can get out and be social while supporting local bars and restaurants.”
Here’s what it does:
- Find live happy hour specials listed by proximity to the user
- Switch to a map view to see exactly where deals are located and tap each one for details
- Search different areas or days, and plan a happy hour outing
- Tap a bar listing for more information, including reviews
- Favourite an establishment to come back to it later
- Easily share your plans with friends via text and social media