Once again this year, Big Lou’s Butcher Shop is working closely with local farms and suppliers to offer an enormous range of delicious local poultry, seasonal roasts and great food gift ideas so that our customers can have a holiday season filled with great taste. From fantastic unmedicated turkeys from Two Rivers Meats or Rossdown Farms to gift baskets and culinary stocking stuffers, Big Lou’s is the destination for lovers of artisanal meats and butchery.
Responding to many requests last year, they’ve added a number of smaller roast options for smaller families and celebrations including smaller boneless Turduckens, boneless stuffed Turkey roasts and AAA Prime Rib Roasts.
For those looking for gifts for home chefs and food lovers, they’ve expanded their gift range with new products like specialty maple syrups, truffle oils, bourbon sherry vinegar, verjus and their own housemade seasoning salts. They’re also offering $75 gift baskets, which include charcuterie from Big Lou’s and Two Rivers Meats mixed with some of their favourite cheeses, housemade patés, rillettes and terrines. They also have Gift Certificates available if you’d prefer to leave the shopping to the gift getter.
Their complete Turkey Dinners will be available by pre-order for those who want to leave the cooking to them. From December 21st to 24th, they are available fully cooked, including the turkey for $175. For dinners on the 25th, they will be available with fully cooked sides and they turkey ready for the oven for $150.
- Turduckens – 4lb and 8lb boneless $15/lb, 14-20lb $14/lb (wing and leg bones in)
- Turduckens are made with Rossdown Farms Turkey and Chicken, Yarrow Meadows Duck, and Fraser Valley Pork Sausage.
- Stuffed Boneless Turkey Breast Roasts $11.99/lb
- Boneless Fraser Valley Hams $8.25/lb
- Rossdown Turkeys $4.69 /lb (fresh)
- Two Rivers Meats Turkeys $4.99 /lb fresh (before December 15th) $5.29/lb (after)
- AAA Prime Rib Roasts 3lb+ $12.99/lb
- Yarrow Meadows Farms ducks and geese and Thiessen Farms ducks are also available by request for traditional European feasts.
Make sure you also pick up some of Big Lous’s trimmings like turkey gravy, cranberry sauce, housemade stuffing or sausage stuffing to help make this dinner your best ever.
Big Lou’s Butcher Shop is located at 269 Powell St. and is open 7 days a week from 10-6. If you have questions regarding your Christmas needs, call (604) 566-9229.