The Celebration of Lights festival is mere weeks away and for many that want to view them somewhat unobstructed we compiled a list. If you know of any other spots let us know in the comments section. This list is more for the people that want to avoid the 300,000 plus people that will pack English Bay on the night of the fireworks.
- English Bay: This is the obvious choice, whether on the beach or just around the West End surrounding Burrard inlet you can’t match the proximity and the vibe of English Bay. Get there early to secure a good spot. Be sure to bring an empty plastic bag to throw your trash in as bin will fill up fast. Also for those of you who don’t venture to downtown much respect the West End residents property please.
- Kits Beach: Although usually packed on a regular day, during fireworks beach goers flock to English Bay. Get through the driving and parking restrictions by taking transit and you’ll find a large stretch of sand just waiting for you.
- Vanier Park: A great location to view the fireworks, perfect for Kits residents.
- Jericho Beach: Perhaps the best gathering point for west side Vancouverites and Point Grey residents without penthouse suites downtown or yachts.
- On a boat: In Vancouver, it’s always a good thing to befriend someone with a boat, not only for the infamous boat parties, but for nights like these.
- Rooftop patio (restaurant or residential): Again, just like the boat it’s good to know people that have access to awesome patios as they will fill up rather quickly.