With only 2 nights left, I realized that I should have posted this list a week ago. Oh well, it’s never too late, especially with the finale of the fireworks this BC Day long weekend. Most already know that there are many places were you can view the celebration of light fireworks in Vancouver other than the obvious, English Bay. Here is a list I compiled, feel free to add some of your favourite spots to the list.
- English Bay: This is the obvious choice, whether on the beach or just around the West End surrounding Burrard inlet you can’t match the proximity and the vibe of English Bay.
- Kits Beach: Although usually packed on a regular day, during fireworks beach goers flock to English Bay. Get through the driving and parking restrictions by taking transit and you’ll find a large stretch of sand just waiting for you.
- Vanier Park: A great location to view the fireworks, perfect for Kits residents.
- Jericho Beach: Perhaps the best gathering point for west side Vancouverites and Point Grey residents without penthouse suites downtown or yachts.
- On a boat: In Vancouver, it’s always a good thing to befriend someone with a boat, not only for the infamous boat parties, but for nights like these.
- Rooftop patio (restaurant or residential): Again, just like the boat it’s good to know people that have access to awesome patios.