FEATURED ON THE LISTED GUIDE
The age old question that surrounds Halloween for young kids: Where do I find the best candy and chocolate? Which house, or which neighbour, will be the most generous?
The “take one only and leave” house won’t be any good. Nobody takes one and leaves. And you obviously know the street grouch.
Maybe the answer is: Visit somewhere else. Or maybe your neighbourhood is on this list, and you’re a winner.
The best neighbourhoods are undeniably suburbs, but they must be suburbs that are close to the city.
Homes and buildings that know they’ll receive a lot of traffic inevitably plan for it (or their light is off, and they are the grouch of their area).
This means the closer a neighbourhood is to a city (still filled with houses shouldered against each other, not closed off condos), the better chance you’ve got for a good haul.
Sniff out the traffic, and profit.
Below are some of the best neighbourhoods Metro Vancouver has got to offer.
City of Vancouver neighbourhoods
- 2400-2900 Trinity Street, Hastings-Sunrise
- Yaletown (Homer Street to Pacific Blvd)
- Douglas Park (streets between Oak and Cambie and 16th and King Edward)
- Riley Park (streets between Cambie and Main, north of Queen Elizabeth Park)
- Mt. Pleasant (streets between Cambie and Main, 12th and 16th)
- Renfrew-Collingwood (Streets between Nanaimo and Boundary, 29th and 41st)
- Dunbar-Southlands (streets off Dunbar between 16th and SW Marine Drive)
- Kerrisdale (streets off West Blvd between 33rd and 49th)
- Arbutus Ridge (streets off Arbutus between 16th and King Edward)
- West Point Grey (streets off 16th Avenue, 10th Avenue and 4th Avenue)
Other Metro Vancouver neighbourhoods
- South of Fraser Highway at 188th Street, Hillcrest (Surrey)
- Queen’s Park, New Westminster
- Lafarge Lake area, Coquitlam
- Starlight and Palmdale, Coquitlam
- Cliffwood and Fernway Dr., Port Moody
Alternatively, many stores at major shopping malls including Metropolis at Metrotown, Oakridge Centre and Richmond Centre are also known for celebrating trick-or-treating.