Hungry for more food stories? Check out these small bites:
- Need to add more flavour to your listening line-up? Tasting Table picks some great food-focused podcasts to download.
- This is an incredible shot and behind-the-scenes take on seeing sushi master Tojo at work at this past weekend’s Wellness Show.
- Among the luminaries taking the stage at TED in Vancouver this week is food scholar Michael Twitty, whose “takedown” of TV chef Paula Deen went viral.
- Seen the March issue of Bon Appetit magazine? They shot all their food photos with iPhones.
- Warm up on these chilly February days with a recipe on Good Life Vancouver for lentils.
- Vancouver Foodster shares the story of local teens who feed the homeless on the city’s DTES.
- Our top food stories this week: So long to Perch at UBC (we hardly knew ya), MeeT on Main opens MeeT in Gastown, Chef David Hawksworth revealed the name and details about his second Vancouver restaurant, Bandidas Taqueria is getting bigger and will be open ’round the clock, the best oyster bars in Vancouver, City Side winery and tasting room is pouring in Olympic Village, Vancouver is one of the world’s best cities for Chinese food, and a Port Moody City Councillor is opening up a pie shop on East Hastings.
A closer look at our featured photo this week:
That’s a sweet looking couple! || Koko Monk The hazelnut, and passionfruit macarons from Koko Monk. One included during the #hotchocolatefest hot chocolate flight order. #kokomonk #macaron #sweets #vancouverfood #vancityeats #vancouver #downtownvancouver #vancity #foodography #food #gastropost #gastropostvan #vcbfood #vscocam #vanmagram #teamchomp
Tag your Instagram food pics #vcbfood and we may share them on the site!
Don’t forget to follow @VCBFood on Twitter to keep up with all of Vancity Buzz’s food and drink stories.