The holiday season brings tons of exciting treats with it, and we think one of the best treats of all is eggnog.
This rich, sweetened dairy-based beverage is traditionally served chilled and sprinkled with fresh nutmeg. For the 2017 Christmas season bartenders Vancouver have put their unique spin on this classic festive cocktail, and we want to try them all.
Here are 11 must-try eggnog cocktail in Vancouver.
- 53 must-try boozy holiday drinks in Vancouver
- The epic list of essential holiday treats in Vancouver
- 2017 BC Holiday Wine Guide: What to gift
- 2017 BC Holiday Wine Guide: What to serve
- 2017 BC Holiday Wine Guide: What to bring
- Bourbon Eggnog
- Rum & Eggnog (Havana Club Rum, Eggnog Ice Cream, Angostura bitters, Milk)
- Spiked house-made Eggnog (garnished with a cinnamon stick, nutmeg and orange twist)
- The Slaughternog (Maker’s Mark Bourbon, Sons of Vancouver Amaretto, Lemon Juice, Orange Juice, Honey Water, Cream, Bittered Sling Malagasy Chocolate Bitters, 1 Whole Egg)
- Spiked Eggnog (VS Cognac, spiced rum, Oloroso sherry, house-made eggnog)
- North Star Nog (Anise Mongrel, SOV Amaretto, House Fernet, Egg, Vanilla Bean, Milk Stout)
- Srooged Up (Titos vodka, mandarin, orange, lemon, winter spices, chocolate egg white foam)
- Pueblo Nuevo (Aged Rum, Pear Sake, Pressed Lemon, Cinnamon, Egg White, Bitters)
- Joy of Christmas Tea Mocktail (almond milk, Joy of Christmas Tea syrup, cocoa powder, sugar)
- North Pole (Rumchata, spiced rum, eggnog with a sprinkle of cinnamon, garnished with a mini candy cane – frosty white)
- Cashew on the Flip-side (rum, dessert wine, cashew milk, whole egg and house-made winter spice syrup, shaken with egg to create a frothy consistency and finished with a grating of tonka bean)
- Moose Mug Cog Nog (Cognac, our house-made eggnog is served in a nostalgic Christmas Vacation moose mug)