Next week, the inaugural BC Tech Summit is making its debut in Vancouver, bringing some of the biggest names in local tech to the Vancouver Convention Centre for a two-day conference.
With big-name speakers like Premier Christy Clark, CEO of Electronic Arts Andrew Wilson, President of GE Canada Elyse Allan, and the B.C. Minister of Technology Amrik Virk, the Tech Summit is the industry leading conference on the province’s vibrant technology sector, happening this year from January 18 to 19.
The long roster of speakers, covering topics like fintech (financial technology), cleantech, big data, and cyber security, will present for over 2,000 people attending and highlight some of the most pressing issues and innovations facing the B.C. tech industry today.
Here is the complete list of speakers presenting during the BC Tech Summit on January 18 and 19:
DAY 1 – Monday, January 18:
- Premier Christy Clark
- T.K. Rengarajan, Corporate Vice President, Technology & Research, Microsoft
- Eric Ries, Author, The Lean Startup
- Panel with Bill Tam, CEO, BCTIA. Panelists: Honourable Amrik Virk, Ministry of Technology, Innovation and Citizens’ Services; Honourable Shirley Bond, Minister of Jobs, Tourism and Skills Training; Igor Faletski, CEO, Mobify; Warren Roy, CEO, Global Relay; Erkan Akyuz, President, McKesson Imaging & Workflow Solutions
- Brian Wong, CEO, Kiip
- Agata Zasada, Director of Talent Operations, Hootsuite
- Panel: Shauna Turner, Chief Innovation Officer, Providence Healthcare & Executive Vice President, Providence Health Care Research Institute. Panelists: Christopher Baird, Senior Director, Build in Canada Innovation Program; Michael Van Keulen, Procurement Director, Lululemon Athletica Inc.; John Jacobson, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Technology, Innovation & Citizens’ Services
- Brian Peterson, Director of Innovation, Whitespace, Lululemon Athletica Inc.
- Panel: Honourable Amrik Virk, Minister of Technology, Innovation and Citizens’ Services. Panelists: Jill Earthy, Chief Growth Officer, Frontfundr; Amy Rae, Principal, Vanedge Capital; Denis Silva, Associate, Gowlings; Minh Le, Market Manager, Silicon Valley Bank for Washington and Western Canada
- Nevil Knupp, Vice President for Cloud, IBM Canada
- Ray Kurzweil, Author, Inventor, Futurist
DAY 2 – Tuesday, January 19:
- Greg Caws, CEO, BCIC & Honourable Andrew Wilkinson, Minister of Advanced Education
- Andrew Wilson, CEO, Electronic Arts
- Terry Stuart, CIO, Deloitte Canada
- Elyse Allan, CEO, GE Canada
- Panel: Paul Drohan, CEO, LifeSciences BC. Panelists: Shauna Turner, Chief Innovation Office, Providence Health; Dr. Ryan D’Arcy, Head of Health Sciences and Innovation, Fraser Health Surrey Memorial Hospital; Dr. Brendan Byrne, Chief Innovation Officer, TELUS Health; Karimah Es Sabar, CEO, CDRD
- Panel: Pierre LaPointe, CEO, FPInnovations. Panelists: Carl Weatherell, Executive Director & CEO, Canada Mining Innovation Council; Gurminder Minhas, Managing Director, Performance BioFilaments Inc.; Stephen Lougheed, President & CEO, Alberta Innovates – Technology Futures
- Panel: Prem Gill, CEO, Creative BC. Panelists: Don Mattrick, Industry Chair, #BCTECH Summit; Kirsten Newlands, SVP of Animation Production, DHX Media; Randy Lake, Executive Vice President & General Manager, Sony Picture Imageworks and Studio Operations; Tarrnie Williams, President & COO, Roadhouse
- Graham Palmer, Country Manager, Intel Canada
- Kharis O’Connell, CEO, Human
- Panel: Beth Noveck, Founder & Director, The Governance Lab. Panelists: David Hume, Executive Director of Citizen Engagement, Government of British Columbia; Jeremy Hilton, VP Processor Development, D-Wave; Jessie Adcock, Chief Digital Officer, City of Vancouver; John Colthart, Business Executive of Product Experience & Design, IBM Canada
- Panel: Dave Smardon, President & CEO, Bioenterprise. Panelists: Dr. Saber Miresmailli, CEO, Ecoation; Timothy Kendrick, President & Chief Designer, BW GLOBAL; Rickey Yada, Dean of the Faculty of Land and Food Systems, UBC; Kim Keller, Co-Founder, Farm At Hand Inc.
- Panel: Honourable Terry Lake, Minister of Health. Panelists: Dr. Robert Fraser, COO, PMI, Associate Director of Life Sciences Institute, UBC; Dr. Paul Terry, CEO, Phemi; Heather Clark, Executive Director of Customer Strategy and Innovation, Merck; Dr. Steven Jones, Associate Director and Head of Bioinformatics, Canada’s Michael Smith Genome Sciences Centre, BCCA
- Panel: Sean Silcoff, Business Reporter, The Globe & Mail. Panelists: Darrell Jaggers, CIO, First West Credit Union; Kevin Sandhu, Founder & CEO, Grow; Manie Eagar, CEO, DigiFin; Boris Wertz, Founder & General Partner, Version One Ventures
- Panel: Dr. Wal van Lierop, President & CEO, Chrysalix Energy Venture Capital. Panelists: Tamara Vrooman, CEO, Vancity; Miklos Dietz, Managing Partner, Vancouver Office, McKinsey & Co.; Jonathan Rhone, CEO, Axine; Stephen Kaufman, General Manager of Corporate Technology, Suncor Energy; Shehzad Bharmal, Vice President of Strategy and Development, Copper, Teck Resources Ltd.
- Beth Noveck, Founder and CEO, The Governance Lab
- Honourable Amrik Virk, Minister of Technology, Innovation and Citizens’ Services & Greg Caws, CEO, BCIC
Vancity Buzz is a proud media partner of BC Tech Summit