Fans of artisan spirits made right here in British Columbia gathered on March 26 for the annual BC Distilled event, which celebrates our terrific distillers and their products.
Guests were able to sample over 100 spirits from 27 B.C. distilleries, and enjoy small bites from celebrated local chefs and restaurants ideal for pairing or even using craft spirits in their recipes. (Hello, cocktail doughnuts!)
As part of the merriment, and the chance to get to know new distillers and new bottles, attendees were able to vote on their favourite sips of the gathering.
Here are the Audience Favourite Awards:
- Barrel-Aged Spirits: Long Table Distillery Barrel Aged Gin
- Apéritif or Digestif: Gillespie’s Fine Spirits Lemoncello
- Brandy: Merridale Craft Spirits Stairs Pear Brandy
- Infused Vodka: Sons of Vancouver Distillery Chili Vodka
- Gin: Ampersand Distilling Company Ampersand Gin
- Liqueur: Sons of Vancouver Distillery No. 82 Amaretto
- Un-aged “Whisky”: The Liberty Distillery Railspur No. 2 Wildflower Honey
- Vodka: Ampersand Distilling Company Per Se Vodka
- Most Votes Overall: Sons of Vancouver Distillery Chili Vodka
Proceeds from the festival went towards supporting the Pacific Assistance Dogs Society (PADS). PADS service and hearing dogs provide life-changing independence and enhanced quality of life to those with physical disabilities other than blindness.
Check out some images from the spirited event:
Vancity Buzz is a proud sponsor of BC Distilled