BC health officials announced 596 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday, bringing the total number of recorded cases in the province to 207,716.
In a written statement, Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Health Minister Adrian Dix said that there are 4,451 active cases of COVID-19 in the province. Of the active cases, 438 individuals are currently in hospital, 130 of whom are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
- You might also like:
- BC Premier John Horgan confirms cancer diagnosis after throat biopsy
- “Fragile balance”: Data predicts steady decline in COVID-19 cases over November
- Vancouver School Board will not mandate COVID-19 vaccines for staff
New cases and total active cases, broken down by health region, are as follows:
- Fraser Health: 222 new cases, 1,927 total active cases
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 46 new cases, 565 total active cases
- Interior Health: 115 new cases, 666 total active cases
- Northern Health: 159 new cases, 616 total active cases
- Island Health: 54 new cases, 618 total active cases
- Outside of Canada: No new cases, 59 total active cases
There have been eight COVID-19-related deaths over the past 24 hours, for a total of 2,200 deaths in BC. This includes three in Fraser Health, two in Vancouver Coastal Health, and three in Northern Health.
From October 27 to November 2, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 64.5% of cases, and from October 20 to November 2, they accounted for 71.8% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (October 27 to November 2) – Total 3,532
- Not vaccinated: 2,096 (59.3%)
- Partially vaccinated: 182 (5.2%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,254 (35.5%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (October 20 to November 2) – Total 447
- Not vaccinated: 293 (65.5%)
- Partially vaccinated: 28 (6.3%)
- Fully vaccinated: 126 (28.2%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (October 27 to November 2)
- Not vaccinated: 269.4
- Partially vaccinated: 62.7
- Fully vaccinated: 29
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (October 20 to November 2)
- Not vaccinated: 56.4
- Partially vaccinated: 13.9
- Fully vaccinated: 2.8
To date, 90.1% of all eligible people 12 and over have received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine; 85.6% have received their second dose.