Still mourning summer? These arts shows will pull out from the slums and put you right back into the swing of things.
Whether you want to binge on some critically-acclaimed films, see some daring and original theatre or celebrate this beautiful province we live in, these are the hottest shows in Vancouver this September.
Vancouver International Film Festival
Vancouver International Film Festival is among the five largest film festivals in North America. With films screening from more than 70 countries on nine different screens, you’re sure to find one that’s perfect for you.
- When: September 24 – October 9
- Where: Vancouver International Film Centre – 1181 Seymour Street, Vancouver
- More Info: VIFF
Vancouver Fringe Festival
This annual festival showcases a plethora of artistic work encompassing disciplines like theatre, dance and comedy. It’s hosted on and around Granville island.
- When: September 10 to 20
- Where: Granville Island and other locations around Vancouver
- More Info: Vancouver Fringe
A series of events hosted all over Metro Vancouver that celebrates British Columbia’s cultural diversity.
- When: September 25 to 27
- Where: Metro Vancouver (all over B.C.)
- More Info: BC Culture Days
Solo for Four Hands – John Kameel Farah
As a part of the ’88 Tuned Bongos’ Piano Series, Western Front presents John Kameel Farah performs “Solo for Four Hands.” This presentation combines improvisation, classical influences and Middle Eastern modes.
- When: September 25
- Where: 303 East 8th Avenue, Vancouver
- More Info: Solo for Four Hands
Vancouver International Flamenco Festival
In its 25th year, the Vancouver International Flamenco Festival invites artists from across the globe to perform on Vancouver stages to showcase the beauty and culture of Flamenco Dance.
- When: September 12 to 27
- Where: Various Locations around Vancouver
- More Info: Vancouver International Flamenco Festival
Vancouver Latin American Film Festival
Featuring an array of films from Latin American, VLAFF hopes to showcase Latin-Canadian filmmakers and films. This year’s guest country is Mexico.
- When: September 3 to 13
- Where: Various theatres around Vancouver
- More Info: VLAFF