Today is the day that many Apple fans have been waiting for. No matter what the features are, one thing is for certain, the lineups at Apple stores all over Metro Vancouver will be forming before the launch of the new Apple tablet. Here is some info on the new iPad 3:
- 2048 x 1536 pixels display. That’s over 3.1 million pixels.
- EyeSight camera a 5-megapixel sensor
- backside illuminations
- A5X chip Quad-core graphics.
- 1080p video with image stabilization.
- Voice dictation. Speak to it and it translates it to text.
- 4G LTE
- 10 hours of battery life
- Prices will be the same as the previous generation and will be in stores on March 16, but pre-orders start today. (not sure if the launch date is the same in Canada)
- Looks very similar to the iPad 2
Not that they are in the same category but it should be noted that Apple sold more iPads last quarter than any PC manufacturer sold of its computers. This is incredible and represents a shift in consumers browsing/entertainment gadget preference.
There are 200,000 apps for the iPad. “You won’t find these incredible apps on other tablets.
Source and more information can be found at ABC: