Apartment fire in Vancouver West End (PHOTOS, VIDEOS)
Vancouver firefighters responded to an apartment fire in downtown Vancouver’s West End neighbourhood late this evening.
At approximately 9:30 p.m., a large fire began at a residential building on Barclay Street near Bute Street. Photos posted onto social media indicate large flames were billowing high out of the building at the height of the incident.
The fire has since been extinguished and nobody was injured. According to a local resident, the fire may have been sparked by a resident leaving a candle burning.
More on this as it develops…
@VancityBuzz big apartment fire in West End. At least 6 fire engines. pic.twitter.com/bDdzHV5B7P
— Justin Giles (@justingiles) November 9, 2015
Fire on Barclay St under control. You can smell the smoke throughout #WestEnd @GlobalBC pic.twitter.com/WXa1J2S2Mw
— Jordan Armstrong (@jarmstrongbc) November 9, 2015
Major fire in-between Barclay and Nelson in Vancouver’s west end (Burrard and Haro). @CBCVancouver @NEWS1130 pic.twitter.com/egc0DBzHXc — Jason Karman (@jasonkarman) November 9, 2015
Inspection of 1100 Barclay #Vancouver after flames earlier. Smoke still coming out @NEWS1130 @CBCVancouver @IAFF18 pic.twitter.com/caG37qScLU — Jason Karman (@jasonkarman) November 9, 2015