Clear your schedule and get your cosplays ready – Anime Revolution is set to make its return to downtown Vancouver!
The three-day convention kicks off Friday, August 22 with a massive celebration of Japanese anime and promises to keep the fun going all weekend long. With a wide variety of activities, ranging from cosplay contests, exhibits, dancing, gaming, musical performances, and industry panels, there’s something for everyone, whether you’re simply an avid anime lover or a “True Otaku”.
Even with three full days of action planned, it will be tough for convention-goers to experience every single aspect of the event. With that in mind, here’s a few events you simply cannot miss;
Anime Cosplay Contest: A fan favourite, the cosplay contest is back this year! Different from years past, this year’s contest will be split between Novice and Journeyman levels so that competitors with different levels of experience will all have a chance to win some incredible prizes. Applications for the contest are due August 15th, a week before the convention.
- Anime Cosplay Skit Contest: Another cosplay contest, the skit contest is where you can put on a jaw dropping performance for the attendees of AniRevo. With several categories to compete in, including funniest and most creative, don’t be afraid to make the judges laugh – or cry! Applications for the skit contest are also due a week before the convention.
Anime Idol: Love to Sing? Ready to entertain the crowd of future adoring fans? Choose your favourite tracks, and sing your heart out for the audience and panel of judges to see if you could go home with the title of Anime Revolution Idol 2014!
- Cosplay Swimsuit Contest: Show off your best beachwear and wow the crowd at the 3rd annual Cosplay Swimsuit Contest. Comprised of three rounds – introduction, talent and Q&A – the swimsuit contest is yet another fan favourite. If your character isn’t particularly beach-friendly, don’t worry! The swimsuit cosplays do not have to be swimworthy in any way. Just have fun with them and think about what your character would wear to a beach!
On top of all the events, numerous special guests will make an appearance at this year’s Anime Revolution. Among them are; voice actress Marina Inoue, who will be making her North American Anime Convention debut; Production I.G CEO Mitsuhisa Ishikawa; and voice actress Megumi Ogata. Also on-hand will be Jessica Nigri, world famous cosplay model, Meg Turney, cosplay model and internet personality, and Yaya Han, cosplayer and costume designer.
VIP tickets for the event have already sold out, so be sure to get buy your passes sooner, rather than later!
Anime Revolution 2014 Vancouver
- Dates: Friday, August 22 to Sunday, August 24
- Location: Vancouver Convention Centre
- Pricing: Friday Day Pass ($55); Saturday Day Pass ($60); Sunday Day Pass ($50); 3-Day Pass ($75 for ages 13+, $35 for ages 12 and under)
- Website: www.animerevolution.ca
Featured Image: PineTree Creative