Four Canadian authors are among Amazon.ca’s top 20 best-selling books of 2016.
Amazon.ca released its best-seller list, which accounts first editions published in 2016 and reflects both paid print and Kindle editions. To no one’s surprise, taking the number one spot is the two-part West End stage play and newest Wizarding World story in nearly a decade, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts One and Two (Special Rehearsal Edition Script), written by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany.
The runner-up on the overall top 20 list is the memoir When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi.
“We’re excited to reveal the list of Amazon.ca’s best-selling books of 2016. These are the books Canadians are excited about, learning from, sharing with friends and curling up with in front of the fire,” said Mike Strauch, Amazon.ca Country Manager in a media release. “Whether you’re looking for a new favourite dish to whip up during the holidays, to get your heart racing with a page-turning suspense novel, or find the perfect gift for a teen in your family, there is a book for everyone.”
Check out Amazon’s top 20 best-selling books of 2016:
*Books with asterisks (*) are by Canadian authors.
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts One and Two (Special Rehearsal Edition Script) by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany
- When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
- The Nest by Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney
- The Whistler by John Grisham
- *A Great Reckoning: A Novel (Chief Inspector Gamache Novel) by Louise Penny
- *Oh She Glows Every Day: Quick and Simply Satisfying Plant-Based Recipes by Angela Liddon
- The Widow by Fiona Barton
- *Do Not Say We Have Nothing by Madeleine Thien
- The Last Mile (Amos Decker series) by David Baldacci
- One with You: A Crossfire Novel (Crossfire Series) by Sylvia Day
- Cometh the Hour: Book Six Of the Clifton Chronicles by Jeffrey Archer
- Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen
- Before the Fall by Noah Hawley
- I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh
- *The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena
- Night School: A Jack Reacher Novel by Lee Child
- Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Chrissy Teigen and Adeena Sussman
- The Wrong Side of Goodbye (A Harry Bosch Novel) by Michael Connelly
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay by J.K. Rowling
- The High Mountains of Portugal: A Novel by Yann Martel