The popular adults-only After Hours is coming back to the Vancouver Aquarium on Thursday, February 26. Trade the cold, bleak winter for a tropical paradise (minus the airfare and hotel).
Explore the galleries with a beer or glass of wine in-hand, and learn about the fascinating, colourful animals that call the warm waters of the tropics home.
The evening will include:
- Special programming on tropical animal favourites, like the green sea turtle, blacktip reef sharks, clown anemonefish and corals
- Time to explore the lush habitats and diversity of plant and animal life in the Graham Amazon Gallery (open until 8 p.m.). How many of the well-camouflaged sloths can you spot in the tree canopy?
- Hands-on learning in the Wet Lab*
- BBC Earth’s The Great Salmon Run in the 4-D Theatre
- Caring for Belugas shows at Canada’s Arctic
- Access to the galleries after dark
*Wet Lab: In order to minimize the time spent in line-ups, the Wet Lab is now running on a timed-ticket entry system. Head to the Wet Lab when you first arrive to make sure you get a ticket, and then check back five minutes before your time slot.
Food will be available for purchase at the new café and at the outdoor grab-and-go outlet. Wine, beer and a tropical cocktail special will also be available for purchase.
Avoid disappointment by purchasing tickets to After Hours early! For tickets and more information, visit www.vanaqua.org/afterhours.
The Vancouver Aquarium is a non-profit society dedicated to the conservation of aquatic life.
To enter to win a pair of tickets to After Hours at the Vancouver Aquarium, do at least one of the following:
1. Tweet the following on Twitter: (1 entry)
- Win a pair of tickets to the adults-only #AfterHours at @VancouverAqua on Feb 26 via @VancityBuzz http://ow.ly/IPioZ RT to enter!
2. Leave a comment below telling us what your favourite tropical animal is. (1 entry)
3. Like this photo on Vancity Buzz’s Facebook page. (1 entry)
Contest ends February 18 at 11:59 p.m. One winner will be drawn at random.
Winner: Kat L.
*This is a 19+ event. Photo ID is required for entry.
*No tickets available at the door. Get tickets early to avoid disappointment.
After Hours at Vancouver Aquarium
When: Thursday, February 26 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Where: The Vancouver Aquarium – 845 Avison Way in Stanley Park
Cost: $18 for members, $25 for non-members (including tax)
More info: www.vanaqua.org/afterhours
Advertorial. If you are interested in sponsored content, please contact us.