Sure, Easter Egg hunts might normally be geared towards children, but one Lower Mainland family farm is hoping to break with tradition this year, as they gear up to host an adults-only version of the tradition.
Taking place at Taves Family Farms’ Applebarn in Abbotsford, the event is open to the public and will feature local food, beverages, and live music.
The event is a new element being introduced this year, as part of Taves Family Farms’ annual Easterfest celebration, and is being held in support of Canuck Place.
Ticket prices include one complimentary alcoholic beverage, and additional drinks can be purchased throughout the duration of the event. For designated drivers, there will be unlimited complimentary non-alcoholic beverages.
Did we mention there’s a petting zoo and charcuterie plates?
Schedule of Events:
- 6 pm: Check-in and enjoy a hayride. Go visit the Petting Barn.
- 6:30 pm: Enjoy a locally-sourced charcuterie board loaded with cheese, meats and savoury bites, and local wine and beer* along with guitar strums and vocals with Ryan McAllister.
- 6:45 pm to 8:45 pm: Wings Food Truck bites. Enjoy your entrée and side.(Note: Please book your meal time when you purchase your ticket.)
- 7:45 pm: Easter Egg Hunt Welcome
- 7:45 pm: The Egg Hunt begins!
- 8:15 pm: Head to the Country Store for door prizes, silent auction finale, and fun shout-outs.
- 8:45 pm: Social time
- 9 pm: Wrap up
When: Saturday, April 20
Time: 6 pm to 9 pm
Where: Taves Family Farms’ Applebarn @ 333 Gladwin Road., Abbotsford
Admission: $55, tickets available online