In our opinion, Valentine’s Day is a chance to eat our favourite sweets… and a lot of them! Vancouver offers a variety of different treats from around the world. No matter where you’re from or what your relationship status is like, treating yourself to a delectable dessert from home can brighten your day. Add a dash of savings, and you’ve got the best Valentine’s Day yet.
1. French Pastries – Patisserie Bordeaux
French pastries and chocolate are hard to turn down and when they look as decadent as they taste, Valentine’s Day or not, it’s a date.
- SocialShopper deal: From $7 for any seven-inch specialty pie, choice of apple, pear, apricot or sour cherry & peach or $15 worth of French pastries and chocolates (up to 53% off).
2. Swiss Fondue – Capstone Tea & Fondue, Robson
Very few things in life are more wonderful than dipping things into cheese or chocolate. The Swiss definitely know what they were doing!
- SocialShopper deal: From $13.95 for chocolate fondue with fresh fruit & assorted pastries or cheese fondue with artisan pastries for two people at Capstone Tea & Fondue – Robson Location (50% off).
3. French Truffle and Macaron Making – Professor and the Pigeon
An activity around making and tasting authentic Parisian truffles and macarons? There’s no thinking required for this one… party for one (or two)!
- SocialShopper deal: Authentic hands-on Parisian truffle or macaron-making class for one or two, including French meringues tasting, specialty drinks and much more from $45 (up to 57% off).
4. Brazilian Brigadeiros – Van Sweet
Nothing speaks to your appetite, your senses, or your heart like chocolate. For a special occasion, a traditional chocolate dessert from Brazil is a definite win.
- SocialShopper deal: $14 for a box of 12 gourmet Brazilian Brigadeiros (value $28).
5. Canadian Fusion Frozen Yogurt – Styo Dessert
It’s cold, it’s delicious, and it’s 52% off. Located in the West End, Styo Dessert offers a healthy and fresh twist to anyone in need of this classic frozen delight.
- SocialShopper deal: From $8 for two large frozen yogurt parfaits or two savoury waffles with choice of frozen yogurt or drinks (up to 52% off).
6. International Crepes – Moii Café
From banana and Nutella to barbecue chicken and cheese, Moii Café has got something for everyone providing Japanese, Taiwanese, French and California-style crepes.
- SocialShopper deal: $14 for savoury or sweet crepes & drinks for two people (value up to $31.50).
7. English High Tea – Capstone Tea & Fondue, Richmond
Bring your Valentine, your bestie or your hairdresser; this English tradition is definitely an afternoon worth sharing.
- SocialShopper deal: High tea with traditional English scones, savoury sandwiches and desserts for two or four people, starting at $28 (53% off).
8. Vietnamese Chè – Chè-Licious Desserts & Snacks
A scrumptious Vietnamese dessert, Chè consists of real fruits, jellies, beans with coconut milk or coconut juice base and sweetened with natural palm sugar.
- SocialShopper deal: $14 for two Vietnamese subs, appetizer and Chè dessert for two people (Value $26.75).
For more great offers visit www.socialshopper.com.
Advertorial. If you are interested in sponsored content, please contact us.