FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Wed, November 25, 12:00pm
Starts at $1.00
Wed, December 2, 10:00am
ARTS & THEATRE, OUTDOOR
Fri, December 4, 10:00am
ARTS & THEATRE, VIRTUAL
Fri, December 4, 6:00pm
Thursday is the new Friday, especially when Vancouver is full of great events to check out. From Improv Wars to Diwali and Harvest Haus, here are seven fun events to enjoy today.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Drawing on the rich characters, locations, and themes of the Star Wars films, Vancouver TheatreSports’ improvised parody highlights the parallels between the skills of an improviser and those of a Jedi to determine who is truly Master of the Farce. To paraphrase Yoda – “Laugh. Or do not. There is no titter.”
- When: Every Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Opens October 5
- Time: 7:30 pm
- Where: The Improv Centre – 1502 Duranleau Street, Vancouver
- Tickets:Online, $10.75-$24.25
- What: Metro Vancouver is planning to tunnel deep under Stanley Park to build the Stanley Park Water Supply Tunnel. Drop by the Community Open House to learn more about the project and share your comments with the project team.
- When: Thursday, October 5
- Time: 4 to 8 pm.
- Where: The big tent in Chilco Plaza (near Chilco Street and Alberni Street) next to the Stanley Park Nature House.
- Price: Free
- What: Comedian, actor, and woodworker Nick Offerman is hitting up Vancouver this fall. The comic is best know for his role as ‘Ron Swanson’ on NBC’s hit comedy Parks & Recreation. He also starred in the Netflix special American Ham in 2014, and most recently toured with his wife Megan Mullally for their show Summer of 69: No Apostrophe.
- When: October 5
- Time: 9 pm
- Where: Orpheum – 601 Smithe Street
- Tickets: Starting at $39.50 – Tickets available via Live Nation
- What: Main Squeeze is a weekly Mt. Pleasant dance party and hangout in the Projection Room of the Fox Cabaret. Featuring house party jams and new classics.
- When: Every Thursday
- Time: 8 pm
- Where: The Fox Cabaret – 2321 Main Street, Vancouver
- Tickets: No Cover
- What: Celebrate the sights and sounds of Diwali at an exciting music and dance performance. This event will feature colourful, fast-paced Indian dance performances to celebrate the 14th Annual Diwali Fest.
- When: October 5
- Time: 12:30 to 1:30 pm
- Where: Central Library, 350 W Georgia St, Vancouver
- Price: Free
- What: A very urban market indeed, the pedestrian-friendly Hamilton Street welcomes vendors and farmers Thursday mornings and afternoons for a terrific food and shopping experience, right at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre.
- Where: Queen Elizabeth Theatre – 608-688 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursdays 11 am to 3 pm, until October 5, 2017
- What: BC’s largest Volksfest is returning this autumn for a fourth year of Harvest celebrations. Experience true Harvest Haus traditions at all of seven sittings, including thirst-quenching keg tapping, stein-clinking, foot-stomping, PROST-ing good times.
- When: October 5 to 14
- Where: 88 Pacific Boulevard
- Prices: for Competitions and Team Registrations, for all tickets