There is plenty of going on in Vancouver today, so make this Thursday count.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
Jam to the tunes of Holy Fuck
- What: Toronto electronic band Holy Fuck may have a questionable name, but their music is what you’ll remember after seeing them live. The band has toured all over the US and Canada, and released their latest Congrats in 2016.
- Where: Fortune Sound Club – 147 East Pender Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, January 19, at 8 pm
- Tickets: On Ticketweb, $20
Get sippin’ at Craft Beer 101
- What: Sample eight styles of brews, and build a base of knowledge about the world of craft beer. Taught by CAMRA Vancouver‘s Education Liaison, Kai Miller, this is a great way to up your savvy and appreciation of beer.
- Where: Big Rock Urban Brewery & Eatery – 310 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, January 19 from 6:30 to 8 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $15 for CAMRA members, $20 for non-members
Enjoy the show at Love and Information
- What: More than 100 vibrant characters search for meaning in their lives in Love and Information. Through sex, death, feeling, thinking, taxidermy, and karaoke, they discover each other, in this series of vignettes by noted playwright Caryl Churchill.
- Where: Frederic Wood Theatre at UBC — 6354 Crescent Road, Vancouver
- When: From Thursday, January 19 to Saturday, February 4, at 7:30 pm
- Tickets: At UBC Theatre Tickets, $5-$24.50
Get your dream job at Vancouver Civic Theatres job fair
- What: If you love going to the theatre so much you want to work there, head to this job fair to speak to the Vancouver Theatre Attendant team about opportunities. Make sure to bring your resume and your Serving It Right certificate.
- Where: Queen Elizabeth Theatre Salons – 600 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- When: From Thursday, January 19, from 4 to 8 pm
- Info: Vancouver.ca
Treat yourself at the Vancouver Hot Chocolate Festival
- What: Taking place from January 17 to February 14, 2017, the Hot Chocolate Festival once again makes for a delectable countdown to the sweetest day of the year, Valentine’s Day, when a lot of us are definitely thinking about chocolate. The month-long event finds cafes, sweet shops, and restaurants around Vancouver serving up special cocoa-y creations.
- Where: Participating locations. See full list here.
- When: January 17 to February 14, 2017