Congrats, you have made it to the end of the week! So get out there and treat yourself to the Friday you deserve.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: John Morris Russell conducts vocalist-pianist Ellis Hall, the Ellis Hall Singers, and the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra in a program of classics by Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, the Temptations, Earth, Wind & Fire, Otis Redding, and Ray Charles.
- Where: The Orpheum Theatre – 601 Smithe Street
- When: Friday, January 6 at 8 pm, and Saturday, January 7, at 8 pm
- Tickets: Available online
- What: The Milk Crate Bandits return to perform – and celebrate – the music of King Oliver.
- Where: The Main – 421o Main Street
- When: Friday, January 6 at 9 pm.
- What: Vancouver-based blues singer and musician Wes Mackey performs.
- Where: Army & Navy Club – 11900 No. 1 Road, Richmond
- When: Friday, January 6 at 7:30 pm.
- What: Catch the Vancouver Canucks in NHL Action against the Calgary Flames
- Where: Rogers Arena – 800 Griffiths Way
- When: Friday, January 6, at 7 pm.
- Tickets: $48.75 – $197.75, available at Ticketmaster
- What: A home up in the high hills of North Vancouver has been lighting up with over 100,000 lights each Christmas for a few years, all in a good cause. The homeowners welcome visitors but encourage a donation to the Harvest Project in return.
- Where: 4967 Chalet Place, North Vancouver
When: Friday, January 6, 2017
- What: This is the first time in 20 years that Trout Lake in East Vancouver has frozen over with a thick enough layer of ice for people to skate on. So grab those skates and enjoy it while it lasts!
- Where: Trout Lake –3360 Victoria Drive, Vancouver
- When: Friday, January 6, until further notice. Get updates of safety/ ice conditions here.